“A Little Bit Of Heaven”
Review of Wayside B&B

Wayside B&B
Ranked #80 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Wayside for 2 nights while attending a wedding locally. It was one of the nicest accommodation experiences I have ever had. I can honestly say the Ritz couldn't have provided a more comfortable, hospitable experience. The owner Theresa was so genuinely welcoming and kind. Her husband drove us personally into Kilarney when we were going to meet out train and was such a gentleman. The setting was stunning and so peaceful. I could go on... Better than any hotel and I look forward to returning and spending more time it this ... Little Bit of Heave :)

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Wayside was a fantastic B+B, so welcoming and warm. I was meeting up with Family from all over the world for a mini "Gathering" 2013 and I was glad I we picked the Wayside to stay in. Clean, Good Food and Teresa was a fantastic hostess! :) Anyone could see this is the "Best in the Gap"

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Whilst passing through in June I stayed here with my partner. So quiet and peaceful and the surrounding area was so beautiful. We were made feel very welcome and I enjoyed one of the nicest sleeps of my life! Lovely Irish breakfast the next morning to set us up for the day. I would recommend this b&b to anyone planning a visit to dunloe. Bliss.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hidden gem. Perfect location for exploring the gap of Dunloe. I stayed here with my fiance for 1 night 2 weeks ago. We decided last minute to go on a weekend away. Had nothing booked. We just called in off the road to see if they had a room and you would nearly think the owner was expecting us. She was so warm and welcoming. Super value and perfect room. Very clean. She made us a cup of tea and offered some advice on whats around to go explore. The bed was so comfortable, i had one of the best nights sleeps, it was so quiet. Perfect countryside retreat. She makes a fantastic breakfast too. So much choice, she had fresh bread made, fruits, cereals, fry up and even more to offer. Would recommend a visit here. Very well run.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wayside was not welcoming. It seems we were an imposition to our hostess. The room was sufficient for our needs but we did not want to stay another night. The scenery of the area is wonderful and this is a great location for day trips into the Ring of Kerry and Killarney. Kate's cottage is just down the road and that is also worth the visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
lovelykittyCanada, Owner at Wayside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Erin,

We thank you for your feedback on our B & B. We are deeply disappointed you left us feeling as you did as we strive to provide the warmest of welcomes to our guests who are visiting our beautiful Gap of Dunloe. Sending you our apologies and hoping it doesnt prevent you from visiting Kilarney in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with your valuable feedback,

Theresa Ferris
Wayside B&B Proprietor.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fantastic B&B in a stunning location. Really kind and friendly hostess who provides an excellent breakfast and as much help and advice as required. Modern and clean rooms. Overall excellent value. Will be returning on my next visit to Ireland. Highly recommended.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my Dad stayed here over the past couple of days. The hospitality there was unmatched, upon entry we were offered a variety of useful information to help us with ideas on what to do with our holiday, they are very friendly people. The room was great, had a tv and a sink, equipped with a large wardrobe, I had a lovely sleep there. One of the best things about this place was the location, it was close to the town of Kilarney and the gap of Dunloe, which provides excellent scenery if you are to travel it. Another place which I would highly recommend visiting is Kate Kearney's Cottage, a pub/restaurant with an amazing atmosphere (with live music every night) it is just before the gap of Dunloe, down the road from the B&B (with lots of parking available). The breakfast here was lovely, I had a full Irish breakfast each day, there is cereal available if you want it and a variety of bread. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and recommend you visit:)

Room Tip: All rooms should be fine, ensuite is available if you like, but the shared bathroom is fine. There i...