“nice experience”

Ranked #19 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our traditional Irish pub has been entertaining tourists and locals alike for over 70 years with the best in live Irish music. Join us for an evening, and you may hear a joke or tale from long ago or even sing the night away with the band!
Houston
“nice experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our first night in Killarney brought had us walking to the Town Centre. Lots of choices. We were glad we found the Danny Mann. The Salmon was very well done and the Early Bird menu had some nice choices. The Irish stew was a good hearty bowl with some nice brown bread. The beer was cold. The staff was very nice, but a slightly slow. It didn't hurt the experience though. A good choice for an evening out.

Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just wanted to say that I went to the Danny mann pub twice in September for dinner and the food was absolutely gorgeous. First time I tried Duck Confit an will definately be going back for more. The service was also exceptional especially your waitress I believe her name is Maria Fears couldnt have been more helpful or friendly.

Roscoe, Illinois
“A Fun Place To visit and eat at”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We and our friend had a great time. Our travel agent Katie Adami at Camelot Travel in Rockford Il told us to be sure that we visit your place.She couldn't say enough good things about it. she has visited dannymann's before.

• Visited August 2013
Killarney, Ireland
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate in the Danny Mann bar, part of the Eviston hotel, last week. Being from Killarney we are spoilt for choice in town so we decided to try the Danny Mann for the first time. I don't like to give bad reviews of local places because I like to see them do well but we won't be back here again.

When we walked in three waitresses were standing at the till, they all looked round at us and just went back to what they were doing. We sat ourselves down and waited for menus, after about 5 minutes my girlfriend just went and got them. For the next 15 minutes we waited to order and eventually got one girls attention to order. We both got steak sandwiches, both were very tough, I had asked for medium rare, my girlfriend had asked for well done, both were cooked somewhere between medium well and well done. How can a chef not cook a steak? It's so simple. We asked was the mash potato plain as we don't like scallions, cabbage or parsley in mash and were told it was but it had scallions in it so we just didn't eat it.

We both had profiteroles for dessert and they were good and plenty of them. When I went to pay the bill, all that was on it was 2 steak sandwiches, no drinks, no desserts, no tea. So I told the girl who was taking payment about all the extra things we had eaten and she just clocked them in like it was the most nornal thing in the world and placed the receipt on the counter without asking was everything ok with the meal. I doubt everyone in that position would have brought the missing items to her attention.

We know the hotel caters for a lot of tours and has a lively nightclub at weekends and maybe they should stick to those markets. It is an average pub, average food, average staff. Best avoided with all the choice in Killarney.

patev, Owner at Danny Mann Pub, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear SamD,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that your meal was unsatisfactory and more so the service. Thank you also for your honesty regarding the bill.
I will investigate your comments thoroughly with our team.
However, I can assure you that your expereince is not the norm. The Danny Mann Pub has been family owned and run for over 36 years now and is the foundation of our business. I would be delighted to invite you back and would appreciate your contacting me. Apologies again and best regards, Patrick Eviston
Plymouth, Michigan
“Favorite lunch while in Ireland”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After walking around town on a hot day we were ready for some lunch. We all ordered sandwiches, and they were so good. I couldnt stop talking about it, if it wasnt one of the last days we were there I would have insisted we went back before moving on. The waitress was friendly and fast. I enjoyed the music they were playing while we ate. We did not eat dessert while here.

• Visited July 2013
patev, Owner at Danny Mann Pub, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Kristinatc,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your sandwich and the friendly and fast service. We hope you had a great time in Ireland. Best regards, Patrick