“Great steak”

Cuisines: Asian, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Wanted a little more substance than pub grub. This place was recommended by a local. I thoroughly enjoyed my steak dinner. Loved the vegetable medley

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was our first time in the Stonechat Cafe & Restaurant. The food we had was really good. I had a Bruscetta as a Starter and it was the best one I ever had in Ireland. My husband had the Lamb for the Main Course and he said it was really delicious, he love the gravy.
You sitting in a lovely atmosphere and it was a great service.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten all all over the world, and I don't leave a lot of stellar reviews on TA. That being said, I would put our meal at Stonechat as one of my top five.
We happened along this restaurant as we strolled through Killarney looking for a place that was off the beaten path. Stonechat caught out eye from the placard on the street, even though it is hidden down an alley that otherwise we would have missed. We went in about 1/2 an hour after opening, and we were only the second table. Dispite the attractive "early-bird" menu, we ordered off the normal menu. I had the bruschetta and lamb shank, and my wife ordered the potato, leek, and cauliflower soup and the seabass. All were unbelievable, the bruschetta was warm and fresh with a hint of cheese, and the soup was creamy and rich and flavorful. The mains were superb, the lamb fell off the bone accompanied by a great tomato sauce. The fish was perfectly prepared. Both came with potatoes, the fish also had a veg medley that was super fresh. Whomever below that thought the potatoes and vegetables were instant and frozen should stick to Burger King, because they cannot recognize outstanding food.
The waitress was excellent, attending to out needs while simultaneously leaving us to enjoy our food. The restaurant was nicely decorated with local paintings and had an awesome stove fire, which was very welcome during the unseasonably cold weather. The check was very reasonable for such nice food at €70 including tip.
Overall I cannot stress how impressed we were! A fabulous meal, don't miss it if you have the chance.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stone chat is up this little alley off high street and I went there for lunch last week. Killarney like most places at lunch can be quite busy and can be a bit of a wait to get you food. Stonechat is still quiet enough at lunch and food get served faster than other places. We had our baby with us and plenty of space for out stroller. I just order easy food food and chips! and was fine. My wife had a salad and no complaints. If you looking for somewhere a bit quiter for lunch off high street check it out!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great atmosphere, very tasty food, excellent service, and all at a fantastic price. A regular haunt of mine for lunch or dinner for all of those reasons.

1  Thank Liam M