“Great lodging in a great place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Larkinley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Larkinley Lodge
Ranked #2 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Bedford, Indiana
“Great lodging in a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

My wife and I had a great stay at Larkinley. The lodge is clean, fresh and modern, and our room was plenty spacious by European standards for the two of us. Within easy walking distance to all shopping and dining in Killarney. Danny and Toni were most gracious hosts and provided great suggestions on where to shop, dine and tour the Ring of Kerry. Not to mention a couple of great breafasts. Don't miss the Bricin Restaurant (a great suggestion from Danny) when in Killarney and try the Boxty dinner. Thanks to Toni and Danny for a great stay in Killarney and the Ring of Kerry. Stay at the Larkinley Lodge and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tonikillarney, Owner at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
Hello Toni here,

Greetings from Killarney. Thank you to Jim & Claudia from Bedford, Indiana
for your very kind review of the time you spent with us here in Killarney. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and it was a pleasure having you stay.

Toni at Larkinley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hi everyone,

My twin sister and myself stayed in Larkinley Lodge, Bank Holiday Weekend (23rd-25th Oct) and it was quite simply the nicest weekend we have experienced! The B&B is spectactular value for money. The rooms and furnishings are very elegant and the owners are the loveliest Irish people you could meet. Only a 5 min walk to the bus station and into the centre of town its positioning was perfect for all our needs and tour cars came to the B&B to pick us up for our day touring. The breakfast's are superb with a wide variety to choose from, they were a great start to our busy days! We could not have picked a more perfect place to stay in and we will remember this trip forever particularly because of this beautiful lodge. When we return to Ireland, hopefully in the near future we will be coming back. Many thanks to Toni and her husband for all their great hospitality.

The aussie twins

• Stayed October 2010
Hello to the Aussi Twins,,

Greetings from Killarney. Thank you for your very kind review of the time you spent with us here in Killarney. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and it was a pleasure having you stay. You two were simply the best.

Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

This had been my first trip to Ireland, and I had found Larkinley Lodge via Trip Advisor. I was thoroughly impressed with the reviews and the pictures, as well as the location of the B&B when looking at the maps of Killarney. I had been emailing with Toni prior to my visit with random questions and she always replied back very promptly. When we arrived and were greeted by Toni I felt comfy cozy right away. The pictures on the website do not do the place justice. It was beautifully redone, extremely clean and very comfortable. I felt at home in Ireland overall, but especially here and I simply cannot wait to go back. There were multiple choices for breakfast and Toni was very informative with touring info and helped arranged our transportation as well. She was absolutley lovely! I cannot say enough good things so you will just have to and check it out for yourselves :) I pray Toni and Danny stay in business for a very long time because I don't want to stay anywhere else on my return trip to Killarney :)))

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

Has it's own parking area, and we could easily walk to the downtown area from the B&B. Hostess very nice, friendly and helpful. She fixed a nice breakfast for us - lots to choose from. The room was a bit small but quite adequate, and the bathroom was spotless and very modern. The only downside for us was that, due to water restrictions, the shower wasn't available until 7am (it was in our bathroom and quite powerful) and the heat seems to be rationed in some fashion - it didn't go on until the early evening and seems to have turned itself off by the time we got up in the morning. It wasn't freezing, but for us Florida residents a bit chilly. The whole establishment is very modern and looks to be very recently remodeled.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful three nights stay at Larkinley. This wonderful B&B is located within a few minutes walk of the center of town, close to all pubs and restaurants.

The house is beautifully decorated with its crystal Wateford chandelier! The whole house is spotless. Our room was large and comfortable with beautiful wood furniture and a flat screen TV. But, my favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was large, bright and the shower was amazing! You can set the water temperature to whatever you want plus the water pressure was great. I felt rejuvenated once I came out of that shower every morning. I would say that Larkinley has the best shower in Killarney. Breakfast was delicious every morning. The pancakes were so yummy and the potato waffles (yes, potato waffles) were amazing.

Toni and Danny are the best hosts. They are such friendly people. They were great providing us with information about the area. Danny helped us planned our hiking trip in Killarney National Park. Toni is just a lovely woman; it was wonderful talking to her every morning during and after breakfast. We felt very much at home during our stay at Larkinley. If we ever go back to Kiillarney we will definitely stay at this B&B. Jose & Teresa from NJ.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I recently traveled to Ireland for the first time to celebrate our Anniversary. Prior to our trip we spent a lot of time researching bed and breakfasts to stay. We have spent a lot of time at B&B's but I have to say the Larkinley Lodge is by far one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The house is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms very comfortable. The breakfast is so good and Toni is so accommodating on what you want to eat. The downtown area is close and a nice stroll. Toni is so warm and friendly and so very helpful. We felt like we entered as strangers and left as friends. I would highly recommend staying at the Larkinley Lodge.

Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

We had a great time at Larkinley! Toni was the most welcoming of hosts - she helped with everything from directions, hints to make our tour of the ring of kerry more enjoyable, excellent dinner recommendations (the Thai place in town is amazing!), and even getting us some ice for a mild ankle sprain.

The rooms are well done, with nice futniture and a great shower. Breakfast was excellent as well. The location is a very short walk from the heart of downtown Killarney.

Overall, couldn't hve been happier!

• Stayed October 2010
Hello Toni here,

Greetings from Killarney to my New Hampshire guests. Thank you for your very kind review of the time you spent with us here in Killarney. - Delighted you enjoyed your trip to Killarney. Hope your ankle is better and you can come back again some time.