“Nice & comfy stay”
Review of Larkinley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Larkinley Lodge
Ranked #2 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nice & comfy stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This review is long overdue as we visited Killarney in July 2013. The B&B was well situated on the edge of the town (away from all the noises & crowds) but still within walking distance to town. We had a room on the 2nd floor with 2 large beds in there. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfy! The bathroom was open and bright (with a skylight) with plenty of storage space. The only issue we had was the weak wifi signal in the room. Breakfast was lovely and the hosts (Toni & Danny) were very friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tonikillarney, Owner at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. So glad you enjoyed our B&B. Hope you can make it back some time.

Sincerely

Toni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Toni always greets me with a big hug and a time to chat while she settles me into my room. I appreciate that she reserves a ground floor room for me as my knees aren't what they used to be.
After we've chatted, we discuss my plans for day tours and my preferences for breakfast. How does she remember what I like, but she always does.
Danny cooks my meal as though I'm never going to eat again, at least that day. He spoils me outrageously.
I visit Ireland every 2 years. Since 2003 Larkinley Lodge has been my Irish home while I'm in Killarney.

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor room, ask for it. Reserve at the least 3 months in advance. I usually b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chris60750
tonikillarney, Manager at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello Toni here,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Larkinley Lodge on Trip Advisor. So glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again.

Best wishes,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My parents and stayed with Toni and her husband in September, and were truly taken with the effort and care that had gone into making this B&B so lovely! Toni was a very friendly and hospitable host, and her husband made fantastic potato waffles! We had a great couple of nights there. The rooms are fantastic and very comfy. It's clear that a lot of work has gone into the place. Definitely recommend it.

Oh and Toni - my Irish other half proposed on the beach in Derrynane two days later! Suffice to say - Mum was delighted ;) as was I! Thanks for a great stay. -- Amanda

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
tonikillarney, Owner at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review. So happy you has a good time here in Killarney. Glad you enjoyed the potato waffles. Best wishes.

Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in September 2013 - we wish we had stayed here the whole time! This B&B was absolutely excellent. Toni welcomed us when we arrived with coffee and chocolates. Just what we needed after driving on Irish roads all day! Toni was extremely organized and took our order for breakfast right then and scheduled our time slot for it. The room was the best room we had during our whole stay in Ireland. It was a good sized room and a great sized bathroom. The bathroom and the shower were huge. Everything was new and modern and very clean. They had most of the bathroom toiletries that a hotel would have - soap, shampoo, conditioner, q-tips, cotton balls. We felt like we were in a five star hotel room with the great hospitality of a B&B. The dining room was beautiful and the breakfast was delicious. It is also right in the city of Killarney so you can walk to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Overall, this place was excellent. I would absolutely stay here again - in fact, I would go back to Ireland and plan my next trip around staying here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christina S
Hello,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at Larkinley Lodge. So glad you enjoyed your time here. Yours sincerely,

Argyle, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a day of American driving on Irish roads, Larkinley Lodge was a wonderful surprise. Toni met us, got us settled in our room and offered assistance in finding a lovely place to eat(Murphy's). Toni and Danny made us feel like we were family. The room was modern and very clean and the breakfast served was impeccable. We are very critical individuals (by fault) and have very high expectations....we having nothing to complain about here. All we can say is ...Thank You for being a part of a very memorable vacation in Ireland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your review. So glad you had a good time here in Killarney. Hope you can make it back again soon.

Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at the Larkinley Lodge about two weeks ago. It is a fantastic find. Toni and Danny are fantastic hosts. We sat down with Danny over coffee within a few minutes upon arriving. Danny gave us some great recommendations for restaurants and pubs in Killarney. Toni arranged a tour for us to the Dingle Peninsula. We originally planned to only stay two nights but my husband came down with a nasty cold and so we stayed another night. Toni was very concerned as to his condition, offered a "hot toddy" to help him feel better.
Breakfast was great, cooked to order, well presented.
The room was pristine with comfortable beds, plenty of room in the bathroom to lay out your toiletries, nice shower. My husband especially liked the fact that there were plenty of plugins for all his electronic toys.
It is conveniently located to walk into town. A great location for exploring the Dingle Peninsula/Ring of Kerry and Muckross House.
If we are ever back in Killarney we will definitely stay at Larkinley Lodge. We felt like we were leaving friends when we left.
Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at Larkinley Lodge. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you can make it back this way in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Naas, Ireland
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I Cannot over-recommend Larkinley. My wife, daughter and I stayed four nights - to say time well spent would be an understatement! We have stayed in many hotels around Europe - this place gives the best of them a run for its money - no kidding. Don't think we've ever felt so welcomed by any of our hosts before; Toni and Danny you're a credit to Killarney, Kerry and our poor abused Country! We'd have no hesitation whatsoever in returning, a real home from home :-)

Room Tip: This is easy... choose Larkinley - a little gem!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Toni here,

Thank you for your kind review. So happy you enjoyed your time here at Larkinley Lodge.