“Fabulous”
Review of Larkinley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Larkinley Lodge
Ranked #2 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the most amazing stay at Larkinley Lodge. Toni and her husband Denny are the very best!! The rooms and the whole house were spotless. Breakfast was just wonderful and it was so lovely to have a small sitting room just for the guests. The suggestions for food and tours was spot on!
We were there for two nights and were very sad to leave..this is a great B&B, in a very good location, excellent food and very caring owners...thanks for a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: We were in the back of the house on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my first B&B experience, and I must say, I was very impressed! I spent 2 nights there in April, with my sister and two other friends. We wish we could have stayed much longer! The building was new and furnished very classic, yet modern.

The First B: Both of our rooms were lovely; the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was very modern and roomy, and the decor was very tasteful.
The Second B: The breakfast was delicious! Everything was very fresh and wonderful, but the potato waffles really were the star of the show... yum!

The location was great, too. It was a short walk from all Killarney has to offer, but in a quiet spot, so we could get plenty of uninterrupted rest. Parking was available out front, which was a huge plus.

Everything in our stay was really great, but the thing that really stood out to all of us during our stay was Toni; she was not only an attentive hostess/proprietor, but we felt like she was our new friend in Killarney! She had great advice on the local area, but we all really enjoyed just sitting around sharing stories and laughs with her over a cup of tea. We all wished we could have brought her with us back to the US! She's great!!

Definitely, definitely recommend staying at the Larkinley!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights just before Easter after my brother and his wife highly recommended it to us and we loved it there. Toni and Danny were brilliant hosts, nothing was too much trouble and they were the friendliest people. Breakfasts were some of the best we had, with a wide variety of choices and all great quality ingredients. The room was very comfortable and spacious and the bathroom was great, with a very nice shower. It was a short walk into town and well located to hit the road to see the national park and ring of Kerry. When we mentioned what we were thinking of seeing Danny took us through a local map of the drives and walks and talked us through what is interesting to see around the area, all great tips that we would have missed otherwise.

Thank you Toni for a great stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Coming to Ireland for a second time I decided to use trip advisor for some help in finding some nice B&B’s, since the last time I was there staying at B&B’s was let’s just say an adventure. Larkinley was highly recommended so it was my #1 pick to call. When we were in Galway I emailed Toni to see if they had any open rooms. She quickly responded to me and also passed me her phone number for me to call when we knew we’d be arriving, which I did when we were in Ennis. Toni immediately made me feel so comfortable and relaxed on the phone that I knew I wanted to stay at her place.
We arrived later in the evening which she knew and our room was ready. Toni was very hospitable, offering tea or to get us anything to drink after our long drive. The room was great, clean and very tidy. The shower was very roomy and water temp and pressure was wonderful! If you forget your shampoo, conditioner or soap there are some travel sized options for you in the bathroom. Larkinley is not far from town, we used a cab (the number was in the room) to get into town at night because it was raining, but we easily walked back after dinner when the rain stopped.
Breakfast was enjoyable and you definitely get enough to eat! Toni made sure we were cozy, happy and warm (since it was the end of January). We inquired about some things to do and Toni introduced us to her husband Danny and they both helped us out on some things to see and where to go- providing 2 maps and circled everything for us. We had a great day in Killarney and again Toni offered tea when we arrived back “home” and helped us in picking some places to eat for our last night.
We were both sad to go the next day because Toni and Danny made our trip so pleasant. They are excellent hosts, making us feel like we were at home in their home. When we come back again I will certainly be staying at Larkinley.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a top-notch B and B. My husband and I stayed there in August 2012 and the hostess Toni was extremely welcoming. The B and B is spotless and the rooms also spotless and very comfortable. The breakfast was also excellent - lots of choice and beautifully cooked. We had a considerably more pleasant stay here than at a 5 star hotel in Dublin. Thank you Toni!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Could not recommend this any higher. Beautifully set out, immaculate, and the hosts could not be any warmer and hospitable ( but respect your privacy too). To any one thinking of visiting Killarney there is only one place to stay. To Toni and Danny - thank you. Lisa (Australia)

Room Tip: All excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights here with the wonderful hosts, Toni and Danny. We both cannot say enough nice things about how great their place is, how amazing both of them are, and what a perfect stay we had here.

We arrived after driving in from Cork. There was parking in front of the place with an easy to read sign. We were greeted by Danny, who showed us to our room. He was very nice, and was able to show us how everything worked and answered all our questions.

The room was perfect, and I almost felt guilty for paying so little for such nice accommodations. The room was spotless, the bathroom was large, with a great shower, very clean, and plenty of wonderful little touches everywhere.

We had a wonderful night there, and woke up to a wonderfully prepared breakfast that was very delicious, and kept us full and ready to tackle the Ring of Kerry.

We both cannot recommend this place enough. Toni and Danny are not only amazing hosts, but they are also very good tour guides. They are equipped with plenty of maps and local knowledge to guide to pretty much anywhere in the area.

Location is very close to the city centre, and an easy walk of only a few minutes to pubs, restaurants, shops, pretty much anything you would need while staying in Killarney. Toni and Danny are amazing hosts, that make you feel at home, and make you feel like family. It was almost as if I had been staying with an Aunt and Uncle that happened to live in Killarney. I hope we get to stay here again, and I really recommend Larkinley Lodge to anyone looking for accommodations in Killarney or the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple