“Best B&B of our trip!!!”
Review of The Harp

and 1 more site!
The Harp
Ranked #57 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Joan welcomed us right in, even though we arrived a little on the late side (after 7:00). She put on a pot of tea for us, gave us some suggestions for the area and showed us to our beautiful room. Everything has clearly been updated in the house as the bathrooms were impeccable (such pretty tile I took a photo to try to find it at home!) and the beds were beyond comfortable. Her breakfasts were delicious...full Irish if you desire and if you want something lighter, she'll make you delicious scrambled eggs to have with fresh fruit, yogurt & cereal. The muffins and brown bread were the best we tasted the entire trip! When we went to drive around the Ring of Kerry, she gave us suggestions on places to visit that were off the beaten path and were one of our favorite things to see. Wouldn't think twice about recommending this B&B to a friend and would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 20, 2011

my wife and i would like to say a big thankyou to joan and erika for the verry warm welcome we recieved when we arrived at your door for our 2 nite stay at ur b&b it was our 1st time we liked it so much we have booked for june 2012 our room was lovely clean &fresh the bed was comfy the breakfast was great we were spoiled for choice #we highly recommend the HARP B & B joan is a wonderfull friendly host thankyou again for making our stay so special

Room Tip: our room was at the rear nice and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The hostess was welcoming and friendly. We enjoyed a large, clean room with a modern bathroom en suite, and an excellent "full Irish" breakfast--the best breakfast of our trip. The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood, a short drive into the town of Killarney, and the price was reasonable. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this B&B!!

Donna and Tom

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at 6 different B&Bs while traveling in Ireland and Scotland and Joan's breakfasts were the best. She was very helpful in advising us. The location was close enough to the center of Killarney to walk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very friendly Family (especially with the kids) and number 1 Breakfast. Very close to Killarney town centre and many amenities. We will go back there again and recommend it to our friends. Thanks Joan and Erika!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great Location
Hostess was very accommodating and recommended a gret pub
Has a nice sitting room to meet other guests

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I feel genuinely bad about this review, because the host was incredibly kind. However, not only was the room small, but very unsanitary. Our sheets reeked of sweat and the room was crawling with bugs. We understand it could be possible that a hiker went to bed without showering, but the bed was still unpleasant to say the least. If you are much more of an outdoors person that doesn't mind going to bed dirty this might be okay, given it is walking distance to the to Killarney National Park. The place was very cheap, but I would have rather slept in a room that did not have such a foul smell. Again, I feel bad for this review since Joan was so friendly, but our stay was unpleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HawkeyeCubs34
TheHarpKillarney, Owner at The Harp, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

This is your host Joan McCarthy from The Harp. I am shocked and appauled about this review. As you have already seen, I have no other bad report, of any sort. I find it extrememely hard to believe that there was BUGS in your room. However if this was the case then why did you not inform me at the time ? I would expect nobody to stay in a room with bugs or dirty bed linen.
I've been in the business 13 years and each day I try to make each guests stay as perfect as possible. I, personally go to great extremes to wash and iron each item of bedding daily, therefore the smell of sweat would be impossible to exsist.
I hope your stay in 'The Harp' had some positive aspects.
I thank TripAdvisor for giving me this opportunity to reply to this review. I would also like to thank all our other reviewers/guests who have experienced our warm hospitality throughout the years.