“Just lovely!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
Salzburg
“Just lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The rooms were so nice, we got a 3-bed for a double room. The location of the B&B is nearly next to the Fairview Hotel, where the "delicious" breakfast is served! The Staff is very friendly and we got a really warm welcome, and help when it was needed.
Oposite Street is a Pizza-Take-away and just a few steps away you are in the centre of pub-scene & shopping! Parking is not next to the B&B, but about 200metres away, you are free to park there at night, but for using it during the day you have to pay 3 Eur/day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdeisl
JimONeill, Owner at Copper Kettle B&B, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
hi mdeisl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Copper Kettle and letting us know how great you found your accommodation. Its great to know that you found the breakfast at the Fairview delicious as so many people do and we have spend some time this year improving our offerings. The Copper Kettle is very close to the town center and the parking is opposite the front door (no more than 20 meters) or if you are early we provide two spaces at the Copper Kettle itself. We are just a short stroll from shopping, restaurants and pubs. Really, an ideal location.

If you come back to Killarney you can be sure you will have a warm welcome at the Copper Kettle.

Jimmy

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Copper Kettle is part of the Fairview guest house, located 60 m apart. We had two rooms, one of them was so tiny we could hardly stand next to our bed and not stand in the also super-tiny bathroom and there was no space for the luggage at all (for a more spacious room we would have been asked to pay a supplement). On our round-trip in Ireland we've gotten much more space and designer-rooms with view to a park for the same money, but to be fair, the breakfast at the Fairview was really good, pancakes, fried fish or eggs were served in no time... Staff serving breakfast was also very attentive and do a great job!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JimONeill, Manager at Copper Kettle B&B, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
HiNicol090,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Copper Kettle. This is a smaller property than our sister property the Fairview and is a bed and breakfast so the bedrooms here are normal home size rooms. We find that most of our guests choose it for its bijou quality and quietness.
As you rightly mention, the breakfast at the Fairview is superb and guests may choose from a Continental breakfast or an A la Carte breakfast. We are delighted you enjoyed it. Our staff are very professional yet friendly and their contribution to the overall experience of our guests is very much appreciated.

Bart
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Loved the decor and room furnishing and fittings was top notch!!! We got free upgrade to master suite without asking. Room and bathroom spotlessly clean. Free wifi and parking convenient. Wonderful breakfast with kind service even though they were busy (they even had ice tea ready for my mother every morning). Service was great. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JimONeill, Owner at Copper Kettle B&B, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi JennyB
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Copper Kettle. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff are the mainstay of our property and we appreciate you mentioning them in such a positive light especially their service. The furnishings in the Copper Kettle are of a very high standard and in the Master Bedroom there is the added bonus of the Jacuzzi bath. Its great that you loved this.
When next you are in Killarney you can be sure of a warm welcome

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

James, the propietor, was extremelly friendly and helpful in our needs. Whilst we had a minor incident on route to Killarney James showed genuie concern and offered us breakfast and free parking to ensure that our minor incident didn't ruin our stay. I will definitely be booking the Copper Kettle or its main guesthouse, the Fairview, on my next trip to Killarney:
James, if you are reading this, a big thank you yet again, Martina (Dublin)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
Hi MartinaEDublin,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Copper Kettle. I am so pleased everything worked out for you as I was quite worried about you when you arrived. However, you did settle in well and I was happy that you found the Copper Kettle so suitable to your needs.

If you return to Killarney I would be delighted to welcome you back to either the Copper Kettle or the Fairview

Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

I was originally booked into Rosslands (a sister property of the Copper Kettle) with my husband and 1.5 year old son. The day that we were to check in, my son was sick - he was quite distressed and I wanted nothing more than to check in so he could rest. When we made the booking, we were told that we would need to check in to its sister property in the middle of town, the Fairview. I arrived at the Fairview after 2pm but was told that I could not check in until 3:30pm. I explained that my son was sick and could they please make an exception. The staff member refused and became quite rude and obnoxious. I asked if I could possibly get the key now so I wouldn't have to drive back in to town to collect it. I assured them that I would not check in until 3:30pm - I just wanted the key so I didn't have to drag my son around. Again they refused and were extremely rude. At 3:30pm I drove back into town to get my key. By that time my son was very upset, and the owners offered for us to stay in another of their properties that was closer to the Fairview, the Copper Kettle. Whilst I appreciated the gesture, the staff were incredibly pretentious and rude and the way the 3 sister properties are managed is ridiculous. There is no where to park at the Copper Kettle so you have to park in a parking lot down the road. You have to walk down the road to the Fairview to check-in or have the breakfast included in the room price. At the Copper Kettle, if you need some kind of assistance, you press the bell or ring by phone and someone from the Fairview will run down the road to assist you. What a ridiculous set-up. I waited around for quite a while the next morning for someone to show up so I could simply check out. Whilst the Copper Kettle rooms are clean and comfortable, the way the 3 sister properties operate is a joke, and the staff are awful. Don't put yourself to the trouble of staying at the Copper Kettle - it's not worth it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JimONeill, Owner at Copper Kettle B&B, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hi tambe,

How dreadful to get a review like this when the original booking was not with us and we were only trying to assist. Let us get the story straight
You arrived mid morning and it was too early for check-in at the Rosslands. We offered you a seat in the lounge and coffee. However, your son was ill and we suggested that perhaps we could accommodate you at the Copper Kettle at no extra charge. Housekeeping went to work to get the room ready. Our reception staff went out of their way to facilitate all your requests and they showed their concern and consideration by bringing your booking to the Copper Kettle. We cannot understand the difficulties you had as we have a Manager on duty 24 hours and a Night Porter to lend assistance.

The Copper Kettle is a lovely four bedroom property and has two carpark spaces at the front door and the Lewis Capark is at the other side of the road. It is just a short stroll to town, no more than 70 meters to the main street. Checkout is a very simple procedure and all one has to do is return the key to the Front Desk which is manned 24 hours.

We pride ourselves on our professionalism, courtesy and care for our guests and maintain the highest standards at our properties.

regards