“Friendly, welcoming and great food”
Review of Murphy's Bar

Murphy's Bar
Ranked #19 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Excellent atmosphere and, did I mention the great food - really good place to eat (and drink of course!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Looking for bar food this is the place to go, to food is excellent! service a little slow. the atmosphere was brilliant, the food was excellant, there is a main menu and a specails board. I got chicken rapped in bacon which was lovely and reasonably priced. I wouldnt be a place to go every night if your on a budget. The place was extremely clean and tidy, can't wait tot go back there.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

We went here for lunch one day and the food was okay. My husband ordered a burger and they said it would be over 20 minutes. We were fine with that because we were in no hurry. It ended up coming out in less then 10 minutes and was hard as a brick. It was not very good. I had the fish and chips and they were exactly what you would expect, which was good.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

This is just one experience, so take it for what it's worth... I had a rotten night at Murphy's. It started off all right--they were very busy, but found us a spot (next to some screaming kids, but what can ya do?). The waitresses were either over-worked or inefficient, though, so it took quite awhile to place our order and receive our food. Then, well, we were abandoned! Granted, it got very busy in there, and that seems to be the problem. The place just didn't have the staff or the resources to handle all the people. It might be better on other nights, but they forgot some of our order and never came back so we went without. Our food was okay, but the shepherd's pie made me a little sick (again, might be just me).

Overall, you could probably do worse in Killarney, but you could also do better (at Chapter Forty or Kayne's, for example).

Reviewed July 7, 2010

Had dinner here. Had the Irish Stew and it was really flavorful. Just like mom used to make!!