“We will miss you so!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
“We will miss you so!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The friendliness of the staff and locals was bar none (pardon the pun), regular traditional music and a completely relaxed and hospitable atmosphere. Murphy's Bar was our go-to spot in Killarney.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jennifer L

• Hebrew first
Boston
“Loved this place”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was the best food I had on my Ireland trip. I had the traditional Irish stew which was out of this world. I was extremely happy!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank soxgal91576
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,908 helpful votes
“Irish anesthesia”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

With my name at the entrance and on my first excursion to the Motherland, my choice for a brew was Murphy’s in Killarney, County Kerry. A pint of Murphy’s Irish stout (a dark amber beer) is about 4.5 euros, around $7. A large part of that cost, and those in the restaurant, is Ireland’s 23 percent consumption tax. The bar is typical of what you’d find in the States: TV broadcasting sporting events, dim lighting, and constant murmur of guests.

Murphy’s, though, is more than a pub, it’s a traditional restaurant that includes Lord Kenmore Seafood Platter (28.50 euros, or $39), and Fusilli [rotini] pasta in a roasted pepper sauce, basil, spinach and shallots topped with Parmesan [$23]. By US standards, meals are expensive. In the accompanying photos, Daniel displays the Murphy’s T-shirt, and Dennis presents a pint of potent cider. Although there were seven service staff and bar keeps, Sunday evening during a July music festival prevented adequate service, and many diners sat at the bar waiting for tables.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank DeanMurphy2020
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Awesome time in Murphy's!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stumbled upon Murphy's late at night and had an amazing time in this pub. We ran into someone named Bogey who seems to frequent this pub and is very well welcomed as soon as he comes in. He sang a few tunes with the band who was playing authentic Irish music and it was a really great time. One of my favorite things about this pub is that after they "close" as long as you are still inside, you are fine to stay and have some more drinks, they just won't allow anyone else to come in once it's "closing time." I find that to be pretty cool!

• Visited August 2014
Malmö, Skåne Län, Sweden
“Food and music”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Good food and a very nice atmosphere with great Irish music- thoroughly enjoyable. I think we were the last ones to leave the place the night we were there.

Visited July 2014