“Great place”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just walked in and had a fabulous dinner. Irish beef lasagne was great. Good wine and a wonderful place for dinner.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
County Antrim, N.Ireland
“a late review, but still wanted to thank Macs”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

we were on holiday at the end of June 2013 and I reviewed everywhere we went, or so I thought. then I noticed this one missing and was blushing.
the best night we had was in here and how could I miss it..?
there were 8 of us, 5 adults and 3 kids. we were set down at a lovely big table and served very quickly.
between us we had a varied taste of the menu, which took us ages to go through - there was so much to choose from.
the person most likely to complain was my husband and he raved the most at the end...
if he liked it, trust me, its good.
he started with their home made soup and there was silence as he sipped away.
then he had the cottage pie - which seems to be a 'Mac' specialty. now it looks like mine will never be appreciated again... he had a side of lovely chips and one of salad.
I was not really very hungry that day and settled for a salad. What a mixture. It was lovely. I was expecting a couple of lettuce leaves and a tomato but boy was I wrong, and the dressing was heavenly.
the kids were well pleased and you know thats always important. they loved them all. the chicken goujons looked well made and were ate... end of review there...!!
the staff were attentive but went over and above the call when I quietly asked one of them if they could help us surprise my son with a birthday cake I had brought...
it was no problem and when I nodded, the whole staff came over and sang happy birthday to him.... the restaurant was quite busy and I was worried that they could not find the time, but no. so thank you to everyone at Macs, for helping to embarrass my son with his ''Iron man'' cake, and for serving us with such lovely meals.
if we get the chance to go back to Killarney - you can be sure we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
“Not what I remembered”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Wa on holidays in Killarney for week last year, found this lovely restaurant food was great staff realy nice and friendly so we ate there few times during the week, returned this year passing through decided call in with memeries from last year, really thought was diff place, staff are still realy nice and friendly, food wasn't like I remembered and last year and was over priced. Think ye should do what ye were doing last year what ever ye changed not good.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mayo-Sam-2013
“Awesome food & atmosphere”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Located in quant Killarney, the menu provides a variety of options for anyone! We had teriyaki salmon and it was amazing!!! For dessert, we had their homemade ice cream. Phenomenal service & setting! The lighting was soft and intimate, but not just date friendly. Plenty of families were around my husband and I.

Visited August 2013
Wexford, Ireland
“Would never darken the door again”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Made the mistake of having a vegetarian girlfriend. They way we were treated by the obnoxious woman taking our order prompted us to get up and leave. Can't comment on the food because we didn't get any.

Quote of the day, "I'll give you more time, there's a lot of writing on the menu" said before turning tail and storming off while my girlfriend was in the middle of asking if any of the menu items could be prepared without meat.

• Visited August 2013