“Just Awful”

Ranked #44 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specialising in homemade pizza!Grills, salads, fish, chicken, traditional Irish......Lots of wine, beer and desserts!!!Kids colouring menu!!!!!Perfect place for a casual meal any time of the day!
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I can see from reading the recent reviews that our experience here was similarly horrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The waitress was immediately rude when she stopped by the table and we weren't ready to order right away (we were given 2 menus for 4 people). My first instinct was to leave right then, but being we were tired from a wonderful day of exploring, we decided to stay. Well, unfortunately that only confirmed we should have gone with our instincts. The steak and shrimp were bland and poorly prepared. The pizza was also totally forgettable. I only wish the prices and service were too. It was a bummer ending to an otherwise great day in Killarney. Really, just avoid this place and save yourself the crappy experience.

1  Thank Leslie D

Reviewed March 23, 2013

well, the outside looked promising, the staff was okay, but the food was dreadful.
My father is a italian chef and so was my grandmother for start, so I can tell when its been frozen food.
The starter chicken wings were alright, but the main was bad. Salmon in "white wine sauce" with vegetable on the side. The sauce was just water, the muscles that came with were frozen as well at the salmon and the veg. The veg was old and wilted with no flavour to go with, just a plate of unseasoned carrots and broccoli. I didn't touch them. When we told the waiter, he's response was that "they buy it from a local shop with fresh muscles and veg," was the biggest LIE from a restaurant that I heard. DO NOT go there.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a meal in this restaurant a fews days ago. Pretty average meal. Partner ordered a burger wth bacon and cheese almost 10 euro. No salad or chips came with the meal. So she asked for a side salad. Nearly 6 euro for this or a side of wedges for 5 euro is disgraceful. .

This was the lunchtime menu.. would avoid on account of poor value.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

From the outside the restaurant looked very appealing. After sitting down to relax after a long day of exploring and shopping to enjoy a nice meal we were confronted by a rude member of staff who from the first point of contact made our party feel very uncomfortable. Food was cold and a little over priced for what there was.
Would I ever eat there again ??
Answer no chance....

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This wasnt my first time eating here so I was looking forward to the food.The staff were very friendly when we arrived , however the waitress missed one of the orders and doubled up on another order ( I was really surprised how this happened as she wrote it all down) So some of us got our food, while the other person had to wait. Also I ordered the speciality at the start of the menu which was described as potato croquettes with pork and olives, but what arrived was just potato croquettes there was no trace of pork or olives. The main was nice but way too much on the plate, they should give an option of half portions. All in all disappointing