“Good food”

Description: Open at 5:30 PM daily
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Good food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Duck was magnifico... Service was exceptionally good the first night, but had problems with service the 2nd night... I would recommend though because the food was very good.

Visited October 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Flesk Restaurant, Killarney, Co Kerry”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere, excellent for fish and steak. Staff extremely friendly and considerate, their food surpassed the four star hotel we were staying in.

2 Thank Nuala C
New Hampshire
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just visited Killarney for a week and my parents have eaten here several times. We were travelling with my 21month old and let's just say, she wasn't a fan of Irish cuisine! Our server was incredibly sweet with her from the get-go and went above and beyond for the entire meal. My Mom was disappointed that they changed the plaice from breaded to poached, but my meal was great.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Stay away from this tourist trap! Worst Seafood Ever.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Let me preface this by saying this place is a nightmare. STAY AWAY!

Here are the reasons why:

We saw all the signs out front while strolling through Killarney, stating how it had the best/freshest seafood, how trip advisor's rating was 4/5 stars, and the self boasting continues. Being that my girlfriend and I love seafood, we were excited.

Upon entry, the place is covered in USA decorations. I didn't see a single local in this restaurant except maybe the waitress. Already we were starting to get weary.

Our waitress took our orders very promptly, and seemed very friendly, so we were off to a great start.

The food: We ordered a seafood chowder and it was decent, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either. We were satisfied with the bowl as our shared starter.

Entrees: I ordered their "special of the night" which included salmon, plaice (subbed for lobster), and mussels. All cooked in their own individual way, crammed on one plate. This was extremely embarrassing for the restaurant, and a terrible "special". The salmon had half a spine still attached to it, bones everywhere and I managed to swallow some on first bite not knowing I just crunched into a big chunk of fish spine. I feel sorry for the chef, because this is just plain unacceptable. Both the plaice and salmon were quite dry, there was no seasoning on the salmon either, I could have cooked it better myself with a proper poaching.

My girlfriend ordered the trout dish, and was equally disappointed as she found at MINIMUM 15 bones. If you cannot filet a fish properly, don't serve it in your restaurant.

After we brought this to the attention of the waitress, she gave us attitude, got very defensive and told us its impossible to remove all the bones, and the chef 'tried his best'. C for effort, but bones in fish is restaurant 101 NO-NO. And if you tried your best, how do you overlook half of an entire spine still attached to the salmon filet you just plated? Without an apology, or any sort of compensation, she asked us "how was the rest of your meal" as she already turned to walk away. Despicable.

To end the evening, after we were done, we waited TWENTY minutes, after our dishes were taken away, just to be given our check to leave. It wasn't until I stood up and put my coat on that they asked if I needed the bill.

Needless to say, this restaurant is a disgrace to humanity, and restaurants. Stay away if you want any sort of decent food, there are so many more better pubs in the area, with fresher food, and actual locals to socialize with.

2 Thank James C
“Best staff ever”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food was really great. I've been there twice, as an Italian, I can really say the food is worth the price. The main courses are excellent and very tasty, the steak is extremely good. What really made me go back there twice was the staff, however.
Really, really friendly. A lady told me what I could do after eating in Killarney, sent me to a pub and told me to tell them they sent me. In particular, the waitress I believe is the youngest, it's the most friendly and kind. She always gave a really big smile anytime I crossed her eyes and was really nice in general. I will go there again, that's no doubt about it.