“Lovely Italian Restaurant, a Hidden Gem”
Review of Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Savannah, Georgia
“Lovely Italian Restaurant, a Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stumbled on the restaurant while walking through the alley on our way to the main street in Killarney.
The smells coming from it enticed us to go in to see if they could accomodate a party of 6. They asked us to come back in 10 minutes which we did.
We were seated at a wonderful table by the window. The service is attentive but because everything is made to order it is slightly slow. The best meal ordered in our party was a Ravioli special. I had the Seafood on spaghetti which had a generous portion of crab legs, mussels,shrimp and was delicious.

We all would recommend this restaurant.

Dublin, Ireland
“Utterly fantastic!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This small Italian restaurant in Killarney is, without doubt, the best of its kind in Ireland. The cooking here is sublime and presents subtle and sophisticated Italian food of the highest calibre - if you want to equal the Italian culinary experience I would advise that a trip to the neighbouring island and a certain restaurant in Hammersmith is necessary. Pizza, chips and other indicia of faux Italian restaurants which infest every town in Ireland are completely absent - thankfully so. Indeed on a recent visit I noticed that two diners arrived, looked at the menu and then rather sheepishly left looking for (presumably) pizza elsewhere. This is a restaurant for serious-minded lovers of Italian food.

1 Thank Done-lots-of-travel
Galway
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Have been to this restaurant twice now and it keeps getting better. The decor is simple but very very nice, Staff extrememly professional and polite and most importantly, the food is excellent, We eat out a lot and this is one that we would definitely put in our top 5 so if you are in Killarney, definitely try it out.

1 Thank Carrabaun
Italy
“Words can not explain the sensation " fabulous"”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

One of the most amazing restaurants out there, and I mean worldwide. The food was incredible, the way the chef utilizes the ingredients and blends them together with a delicate touch, not too much and not too little just to perfection. I also have to compliment the service with my Italian waiter. We began our dinner with prosciutto and mozzarella, the mozzarella just melted in your mouth and we also had scallops with porcini mushrooms and truffle oil. Is your mouth melting yet?? Well the experience gets better and I will not continue to tell you what else we had and spoil it for you all. Go and try for yourself... Complimenti

New York City
“A stand-out experience!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Cucina Italiana is a wonderful, homely, authentic Italian restaurant, just off College street in Killarney. It's as if you've been invited into a beautiful lounge room for a special dining experience.
The produce is incredibly fresh and the pastas are handmade. The fish dishes are sublime and my companion ordered the gnocchi which was so fresh, I can say I have never tasted gnocchi like this before- I don't usually even like gnocchi!
I have experienced a lot of Italian cuisine (mostly in Roma and Firenze and Lago di Como) and I have to say it exceeded my expectations completely, being a standout in my mind as an experience to remember! Who would have though that you'd find such a wonderful Italian establishment in Ireland!
I wish there were more restaurants like this scattered across the world. Congratulations to the chef- Salute!
Places like this rare gem should be celebrated- Go see for yourself!