“Words can not explain the sensation " fabulous"”
Review of Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Italy
“Words can not explain the sensation " fabulous"”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

One of the most amazing restaurants out there, and I mean worldwide. The food was incredible, the way the chef utilizes the ingredients and blends them together with a delicate touch, not too much and not too little just to perfection. I also have to compliment the service with my Italian waiter. We began our dinner with prosciutto and mozzarella, the mozzarella just melted in your mouth and we also had scallops with porcini mushrooms and truffle oil. Is your mouth melting yet?? Well the experience gets better and I will not continue to tell you what else we had and spoil it for you all. Go and try for yourself... Complimenti

New York City
“A stand-out experience!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Cucina Italiana is a wonderful, homely, authentic Italian restaurant, just off College street in Killarney. It's as if you've been invited into a beautiful lounge room for a special dining experience.
The produce is incredibly fresh and the pastas are handmade. The fish dishes are sublime and my companion ordered the gnocchi which was so fresh, I can say I have never tasted gnocchi like this before- I don't usually even like gnocchi!
I have experienced a lot of Italian cuisine (mostly in Roma and Firenze and Lago di Como) and I have to say it exceeded my expectations completely, being a standout in my mind as an experience to remember! Who would have though that you'd find such a wonderful Italian establishment in Ireland!
I wish there were more restaurants like this scattered across the world. Congratulations to the chef- Salute!
Places like this rare gem should be celebrated- Go see for yourself!

kerry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not be in a hurry to return.”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

I usually read the reviews on trip advisor but I never did write one. This is my first time. What can I say to BobbyItaly? Went to Cucina and I’m very sorry I’m not Italian and I don’t know this kind of food but I don’t like gnocchi so I’m very desolate can’t smell and taste the quality. Like true Irish man I went for beef fillet (€35 if I’m not wrong), and no vegetables. Maybe I also forgot real cooking but I can recognize if the meat is fresh or not. Definitely not the one I got in this restaurant. Maybe it is too sophisticate for our ignorant Irish people!

1 Thank KerryKerry_man
Italy
“WOW, A place to visit”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

Wow, the experience was to die for. When I got on trip advisor to read up the reviews of the restaurant, I noticed some good and bad, to all future readers please exclude the bad reviews. The restaurant was really a treat. I am Italian and know my food, the menu was diverse and the tastes compliment each other. Home made gnocchi, yes home made,and the quality you can smell and taste it. It is rare to be able to have good food and I think alot of us have forgotten real cooking. Try it out for yourself it will make your experience in Killarney a dream.

kerry
“For the price, I would have expected better”
Reviewed January 20, 2009

went to this place last December. Pleasant restaurant and decent enough food, but it's certainly nothing out of the ordinary. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. For the price, I would have expected better but maybe that's just me...or perhaps I caught them on a bad night.