“Good All Rounder...”

Lord Kenmare's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The food here is good and the value for money also hits the mark. If there is a criticism - what's with all the potatoes...??! Everytime I eat here they bring Garlic potatoes, baby new potatoes...and of course the mandatory chips...seriously...less is more guys... ;-)

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Third time eating at lord kenmares, and have to say I love eating here, the staff are always so nice and friendly, the food is always on time and always cooked to perfection, there desserts are the best I've ever tasted, my favourite place to go with my husband and friends,

Reviewed January 12, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant, staff very attentive and helpful. fantastic menu, found it very hard to choose what to eat, everything sounded delightful. Had never had ox tongue before and curiosity got the better of me. Was fantastic with the salad. Having lived in spain was keen to try the paella, presentation was fabulous but the taste was exceptional, perfect ! Had the chocolate fondant for dessert. Died and went to heaven. Highly recommend this restuarant if ever in Killarney.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Sean Murphys food venue is even better than his bar. Great food. Good value. Space can be a little tight but good atmosphere.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were very excited about going to the Lord Kenmore to celebrate a 21st birthday. We had asked in advance if we could bring a cake but were aggressively informed that it was against their policy to allow outside food. Nor would they provide a cake baked by their own restaurant that we would have happily paid for. The mussels & steaks were overcooked which is difficult to get wrong, the venison was fatty and tough and they completely omitted one person's dinner order. This was small compared to the fact that they seated a 30th birthday party 2 tables away who were allowed balloons and a large cake. They sang Happy Birthday and made a fuss while we sat though an overpriced & overcooked meal for a birthday party we were not allowed celebrate.
Overall a terrible experience, there are far better restaurants in Killarney.

1  Thank Jean18100
Sean M, Owner at Lord Kenmare's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Good Afternoon from Killarney. I am truly sorry and surprised that you had a bad experience in Lord Kenmare's. I have to say that I am completely baffled by your account, as it has been a long standing policy here to allow customer's provide cakes, decorations, balloons etc for their celebrations. I am very proud of the fact that many Birthdays, Anniversaries and Weddings have been celebrated with great success at Lord Kenmare's.

As to your comments about your meals on the night, again I must apologise if everything was not to your satisfaction. However my staff are at a disadvantage as you don't seem to have drawn their attention to your unhappiness on the night in question.

Please feel free to contact me personally about the matter

Regards