“A True Irish Rose!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Mystical Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Mystical Rose B&B for 3 nights in October. Noreen is a true Irish rose! She was just WONDERFUL - she was very welcoming and treated us as her own family during our entire stay. We felt like we were right at home (away from home) in Ireland. If you are looking for authentic Irish experience, this is the place! Our room was nice and clean, shower was great, and her breakfast was fabulous! Noreen also has great recommendations for things to do, places to eat, etc. in the area. Excellent location, too - close to almost everything. If we travel Ireland again, we will definitely come back here!Thank you very much for everything, Noreen! We had a very lovely time! We miss you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband, along with my father and his wife stayed at the Mystical Rose for 2 nights in August and enjoyed it very much. In-keeper Noreen was a blast. Very hospitable, advising us on where to visit, restaurants etc. Breakfast was great. When my husband mentioned to Noreen that he was doing some ancestry research and thought that he had relatives in the area, Noreen went out of her way (along with her staff) to help, by providing names and numbers of people to contact who may have information about his family. They couldn't do enough for us to try to locate relatives.

If you want to get off the beaten path, ask Noreen for her wicked wild adventure tour of the Black Valley.

We hope to get back to Killarney again some day and will definitely stay at the Mystical Rose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Mystical Rose B&B this past September, and it was by far the friendliest and most welcoming place we stayed our whole trip! Very comfy accommodations, and the hostess Noreen was AMAZING!! She was so welcoming and warm, and she even did an Irish dance for us the last day... She has great recommendations for what to do in Killarney, as she seems to know everyone in that town! We had a WONDERFUL time with Noreen!!!

Room Tip: Please note there wasn't actually a pool, but I accidentally rated it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed here on the June 2011 bank holiday for the weekend with a group of friends from Kilkenny. Easy to find and from the moment we arrived on the bikes, Noreen made us feel at home with her funny and friendly attitude. Rooms were spotless and spacious with all the bits and bobs you would find in your own home. I didn't get to make breakfast due to having a good time, but on the last morning before leaving, Noreen gave one of my friends 2 breakfast sambos for myself and the wife and said, "they have to eat", nice touch. If and when I return to Killarney, I will be booking again and will have no hesitation in telling others to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We love you Noreen!!! The Best Experience Ever!!! The rooms are perfect, the food divine, the hospitality can't be beat! Your kitchen is awesome, your dad so sweet, and the history on the walls is the best life lessons ever. We absolutely loved the dining room, felt like I was in my best friend's home! Also, thanks so much for the recommendation to Kaynes! The mushroom soup is fantastic and the steak dinner was out of this world - Love, "The Boston Girls who took up your time"

Room Tip: get the room to the right of Noreen's mom mural....
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We arrived very late to Killarney and we couldn't find a hostel or a hotel to sleep (all fully booked) with my little kid of two years old. We talked to a friendly woman of Killarney to ask some help and she called Noreen to know if she had free rooms. So we discovered Mystical Rose, not far away from the city center. Even if it was late, we were very warmly welcomed, with a big smile and hug from Noreen, and she even let me cook food for the baby at ten o'clock by night in her kitchen. We were happily surprised by the very comfortable rooms, and next morning we had a very nice Irish breakfast. The kid had lots of fun with her animals, especially with the donkey! Then we decided to stay one more night. I payed 70 euros per night, but it was very well invested. Thanks to Noreen if you are reading me!

Room Tip: All rooms are very, very quiet, you hear no noises, no cars, nothing! Not even other customers!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank somatur
Reviewed September 15, 2011

What a treat! We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. The place was amazing, full of wonderful treasures. Noreen couldn't have been more helpful and she was very knowledgable of what to see and do, nothing was too much trouble. I have already told anyone else I met in Ireland to be sure and stay there for I don't think you could find a more welcoming host, a wonderful true Irish experience a highlight of our time in Ireland to be sure!!

Room Tip: All rooms lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends