“A Pint of Murphy's”

Kate Kearney's Cottage
Ranked #16 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bar, Restaurant, Entertainment venue, souvenir shops, Pub grub and much more. Our multi award winning banquet style themed "Irish Night" runs from March through to October, a must if your visiting. In the high season you can expect the show to run at least 6 nights a week. We're also situated close to many walking trails in the world famous Gap of Dunloe. There's Jaunting cars and horse riding within a minutes walk and at least 5 golf course within a 10 mile radius. We also cater for weddings and after wedding parties. Live music and BBQs are never too far away either during the summer
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I did believe quite erroneously that Kate Kearney's Cottage was an attraction which one paid to visit. No, it is located opposite a car-park at the foot of the Gap of Dunloe where one if one wishes can take a Jaunting Cab ride all the way to the top of the Gap/Pass & further. I may walk it tomorrow..

It is a shop, restaurant, & bar/pub. My wife & I were staying in a cottage not far away & after a lengthy walk around Muckross Lake, I did fancy a pint of something decent. So I chose a most enjoyable pint of Murphys Stout which is sweeter than Guinness whllst my wife had a Danish lager. I do enjoy Murphys, a decent Irish Stout that tastes better in the Emerald Isle than anywhere else.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stopped off here for something to eat, we asked if we order at the bar and the woman said no she would come over and take our order, we waited the woman was walking past us we waited ages, then the batman eventually took our order the food came out quick and was lovely, but I was disappointed with the service seemed we was ignored ? Sad to say ......

Reviewed April 24, 2014

went to kate kearnys for dinner with my family and i had a bacon and cabbage it was the first dinner i cleaned my plate for in a while it was amazing and great service top marks

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Went to kates for dinner with my partner on the recommendation of friends who had been a few years ago. I got the brie for starters, was a very sad little portion size but tasted nice. My partner got the seafood chowder, which was light on seafood. I got the bbq ribs and chips, when the girl brought out the ribs, the sauce on top had set and formed a skin, god only knows how long it was sitting before it got to the table, I also came across a fishy taste on the ribs and they were cold in some parts hot in others, needless to say I didn't finish. My chips were dreadful and dry and my partners were lovely, which led me to believe mine might have been reserved. I've had better for the same money out of a carvery. Very disappointed altogether. There was nice live music and two Irish dancers, so if you're looking for that kind of thing and a few drinks I'm sure it would be a grand night. But jaysus, avoid the food, pure muck.

2  Thank Anne-Marie D
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My family and I visit Kate's every time we are in the area. There is always good craic good food and friendly atmosphere, looking forward to our next visit we would heartily recommend that you visit this wee gem.