“Fun but a bit touristy”

Kate Kearney's Cottage
Ranked #16 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bar, Restaurant, Entertainment venue, souvenir shops, Pub grub and much more. Our multi award winning banquet style themed "Irish Night" runs from March through to October, a must if your visiting. In the high season you can expect the show to run at least 6 nights a week. We're also situated close to many walking trails in the world famous Gap of Dunloe. There's Jaunting cars and horse riding within a minutes walk and at least 5 golf course within a 10 mile radius. We also cater for weddings and after wedding parties. Live music and BBQs are never too far away either during the summer
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went for the dinner and show. Fixed price menu was good if not outstanding. Everyone was happy with their food and the music was great. I saw a review where someone paid $100 for dinner through a tour company, which is ridiculous. Book it on your own for half the price. If you sit in the regular restaurant/bar area you can hear and see some of the music.

Ideal day would be to hike up Gap of Dunloe leaving around noon, and then about 4 hours later arrive back to dinner and pints of Guinness. The music starts around 7pm if you're trying to time around that.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Kate Kearney's is traditional pub food done well. Good for family dining as well, and it always seems to be busy - day or night. If you want to go in the evening it may be worth booking first and checking availability. I only wished I hadn't left it to my last day to try the food, otherwise I'm sure I would have gone back again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Ate there earlier this week as part of pre-planned tour. For a very large amount of money (I am unsure of how much the travel company kept and how much Kate's got- we payed 100US) we had weak appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The one included drink was either a glass of what tasted like watered down wine or a half pint of beer. Who serves a half pint of beer in Ireland? The lamb in our entree was tasty, the chicken was bland, the salmon was small. We got exactly 1 piece of cauliflower, 1 overcooked broccoli, and some carrot straws along with a single piece of boiled, flavorless potato. The dessert I had was previously frozen eclair bites- I know because you can buy them in the states. No drink refills of tea/coffee were offered and the service was disorganized.
The only saving grace of the whole night was the band- they were fantastic, put on a great show.
If to want to do this- I recommend you find out when a tour group is going and just show up yourselves to grab a seat at the bar and order off a menu. The band is located where it plays to the bar/private room. The dancers even do half of the dancing in the bar aka we couldn't even see it... I felt like we paid money to only see a previously scheduled band and eat some subpar food.
Or better yet, if you want to hear some real Irish music- must of the pubs in downtown Killarney offer it 7 days a week with fantastic and significantly cheaper food.

2  Thank Flood9137
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have been twice since the start of the summer...the food and service is consistently good and the location is excellent for people wishing to sightsee the gap of dunloe or the black valley

1  Thank 0435414
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Food was great, loved the entertainment, and the place has loads of charm and history. Well worth it! My whole family enjoyed it (Ages 5, 11, and 13).