“Restaurant”
Review of Cellar One

Cellar One
Ranked #21 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The stylish Cellar One Restaurant is at the heart of The Ross with truly individual design features. Leading from the Pink Lounge down the elegant stairs into Cellar One Restaurant is impressive, and from here on your evening will continue in this same vein. Chef Ian McMonagle has beautifully combined local produce with international influences which will fall nothing short of offering gastric delight. As well as great creative flair there is a clear understanding of food & flavours evident all the way through this menu. From the Cromane Mussels steamed in coconut milk with lime and ginger to the Roast Peppered Breast of Skeghanore Duck served with braised red cabbage, baked apple, honey & orange sauce the creative flair and clear understanding of food is evident all the way through this menu.
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff , good food, pleasant surrounding and reasonably priced
I will definitely eat here again

TheRossHotel, Manager at Cellar One, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Viocent,

Thanks for your fantastic, to the point review on our restaurant Cellar One. I'ts great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you'll be back again.

See you in Killarney again in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

we visited cellar one in Killarney on a recent trip to Ireland and found the food to be excellent quality and beautiful presentation. The staff were very polite especially our waiter Dermont . lovely boy.

1  Thank suetoms12

Dear suetoms12,

Thanks so much for your review of our restaurant Cellar One. It's great to hear that you enjoyed dining with us during your recent trip to Ireland. We will pass on your kind comments to our head chef Ian, his team in the kitchen and our restaurant waiters.

We hope to see you back in Killarney again in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The food and service in CELLAR ONE inside the Ross Hotel in Killarney is excellent. My husband and I ate at the hotel restuarant as part of a package deal they offer. It was a wonderful atmosphere and the food was perfect.

TheRossHotel, Manager at Cellar One, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Debinnebraska,

Thank you so much for your kind words in your review on our restaurant Cellar One. We are so happy that you and your husband enjoyed your meal with us and your stay in The Ross.

We hope that we will see you back in Killarney very soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I ate here during our stay in Killarney and we could NOT have been more pleased! It was a little hidden but we thought we would try it out. I'm so glad we did because we have never experienced such delicious food before! We shared 3 different starters for our meal and everything was amazing! We even tried a dessert (which is something we never do) because we knew it was going to be great. So glad we did! Definitely go here and try ANYTHING because I assure you it will be wonderful!

Dear Kristina B,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review on our restaurant Cellar One. We're so happy that you found the food so good that you decided to try a dessert. Next time you can try more of our scrumptious desserts.

We hope it won't be too long before we see you again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked for a table of 6, firstly I thought it was odd that the day before the reservation I got a call wondering would all the party be eating off the a la carte or the set menu, as I didn't know they said it would be ok to decide on the night. When we arrived the manager was pushing the set menu on us, we had to ask for the a la carte, which he reluctantly gave us. The service was incredibly slow, 1.5hrs before we received the mains, no apology even though we asked the waitress 3times what was the status of the mains. She seemed more interested in trying to sell us more wine as she emptied the full bottle into 3 of our glasses in 5-10mins before the starters arrived ! The portions were very small , my pork was over cooked and tasteless. We had to ask twice for the accompanying sides to some of the mains, again no apologies, the manager looked too interested in serving a large table of Americans than checking on anyone else. I heard 2 other couples behing me complaining about the wait times for courses also. Most of the party thought the food was only average. I won't be returning or recommending Cellar One to anyone, it was a frustrating and disappointing experience especially when this visit for a special occasion.

TheRossHotel, Manager at Cellar One, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Worldtour08,

Thanks for your review and I am very sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your experience with us.
We didnt get things right from the very start of your meal with us and for that I am sorry. Should you ever like to return at some stage and give us another chance, we would love to turn around your negative experience.

Best wishes,