“excellent value and service”

Cellar One at The Ross
Ranked #8 of 193 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The stylish Cellar One Restaurant is at the heart of The Ross with truly individual design features. Leading from the Pink Lounge down the elegant stairs into Cellar One Restaurant is impressive, and from here on your evening will continue in this same vein. Chef Ian McMonagle has beautifully combined local produce with international influences which will fall nothing short of offering gastric delight. As well as great creative flair there is a clear understanding of food & flavours evident all the way through this menu. From the Cromane Mussels steamed in coconut milk with lime and ginger to the Roast Peppered Breast of Skeghanore Duck served with braised red cabbage, baked apple, honey & orange sauce the creative flair and clear understanding of food is evident all the way through this menu.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had the special 25 euro for 2 courses and a cocktail, unbelevable value. Cocktails were superb food excellent and waiters very nice. We will go back and try the tapas.
no hestitation in recommending

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Its a nice restaurant with a really chilled out vibe which is part of the ross hotel its a wonderful place for some truly good food without any pretences.Honest food with just a little twist,we were staying in the park hotel which is sister hotel across the road and we just wondered in on saturday night and got a table around 8 which was great.Two Steaks later and bottle of house white €86 which I thought was a little steep overall

1  Thank MichaelBres
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to Cellar One for a friends birthday. She had booked the 3 course meal for a group of friends.
I had the Goats cheese starter which was absolutely beautiful. For my main course I had chicken. The Chicken was nice, but a bit dry as I am allergic to alcohol and vinegar, so I could not eat the sauce that was served on the side. Unfortunately the oil that was served with the bread before the starter had been removed from the table.
I arrived a little later and only joined the girls for starters, but unfortunately I was not asked if I would like a different drink than the wine that was poured for the girls.
I am working in a restaurant myself and I couldn't help noticing that the waitress did not offer any other drinks. The girls had to call over a different waiter and ask for another bottle of wine.
An the upside the waitress did not make a fuss when the birthday girl requested the birthday cake (which I had brought in as a surprise) would be served instead of the dessert from the set menu. The cake was brought out after the mains. They had turned down the lights in the restaurant and got the piano player to play happy birthday, which was a lovely touch!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had booked a two night stay in the Ross which had a two course meal on one evening as part of the package. Initially I wasn’t expecting too much from the restaurant seeing it as only part of the hotel but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was very much more than your standard meal.
To start we shared Kerry Lamb lollipops which were simply beautiful. The lamb was cooked to perfection on skewers with roasted peppers & onions with a selection of dips and bread on the side. For mains I then had the pork belly with a beautiful pear celeriac and sweet cranberries while my bf had the scallops with a tiger sauce which was delicious. We shared a Knickerbocker Glory simply because it had been so long since I had last seen one on a menu. This came out in a huge glass that I’m not too sure how anyone would have managed to eat one by themselves. It had everything with merginue, fresh fruit, icecream although it probably didn’t need the addition of the chocolate brownie about half way down.
We finished off the meal with a cup of coffee each. This arrived on in a huge cup with two small cookies at the side. I was now so full that these cookies only got a nibble- at this stage I was starting to worry about being able to make the planned climb up Carrauntouhill the following day! The room itself is small but beautiful to look at and the addition of the live pianist really made it into a special evening.
My only complaint from the evening is that the manager had initially pencilled us in for the same slot the following evening which we didn’t take him up on at the time, much to our regret as when we tried to book it the following morning someone else had already gotten there in front of us and there were no available times left that suited us.

1  Thank gurt29
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We dined in this restaurant yesterday. Without any special occasion, we were just looking for a place to have a nice, relaxing meal and we could not have asked for more. Comfortable and modern surroundings. Staff are friendly, courteous and attentive. As we got there quite early we were offered a meal deal for a 25€ per person including two courses and coctail, which in my opinion is a great value for money. The food was delicious and very well presented. The chicken stuffed with black pudding served on a wild mushroom risotto with truffle jus just hit the spot. Overal great experience and I would highly recomended it to anybody.

2  Thank SashaMe