“Nice ambience, but overpriced”

Cellar One at The Ross
Ranked #9 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The stylish Cellar One Restaurant is at the heart of The Ross with truly individual design features. Leading from the Pink Lounge down the elegant stairs into Cellar One Restaurant is impressive, and from here on your evening will continue in this same vein. Chef Ian McMonagle has beautifully combined local produce with international influences which will fall nothing short of offering gastric delight. As well as great creative flair there is a clear understanding of food & flavours evident all the way through this menu. From the Cromane Mussels steamed in coconut milk with lime and ginger to the Roast Peppered Breast of Skeghanore Duck served with braised red cabbage, baked apple, honey & orange sauce the creative flair and clear understanding of food is evident all the way through this menu.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ate here on a weekend getaway in Killarney. The staff are very friendly and the night we were there there was a pianist who was really good and created a great atmosphere. I was dissappointed with the menu which lacked variety and was overpriced for what it was e.g. €26 for duck breast. I stayed in the same hotel two years ago and remember the menu and quality being of a higher standard then. Its OK but there are better options in Killarney.

1  Thank reallycould

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The restaurant is located in The Ross hotel and our meal was part of a hotel package. The restaurant was fully booked on the Saturday we arrived, except for a very early or very late time slot, so we made a reservation for Sunday.

The decor is modern and smart, yet very warm. We selected off of a fixed "pick two of three courses" menu. I went with main course and dessert, while my three companions went with started plus meal. We had a good choice, such that no one had any difficulty making a selection. All of the food was excellent. There is a good choice of wines and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was very happy with my choice of the restaurant for a birthday dinner for two. The place welcomes you with an impressive smart interior. Live piano music makes the atmosphere warm and relaxing. The food was an experience - looking great and very tasty. I have to say I had the most delicious lavender creme brulee ever :-) I would recommend this restaurant for any special occassion.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

As the name suggests this restaurant is in the basement of the Ross Hotel in the centre of Killarney but the food is anything but bargain basement. Here they try to be adventurous and innovative but sometimes its better to stick to your knitting. Clonakilty black pudding is a staple starter but serving it with cider sorbet is unique and now I know why...it just doesn't work. However, full marks for trying but I suggest you stick to the regular fare and you wont go wrong.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Firstly will have to say that the restaurant itself is very inviting, they have done a great job with the design making it warm, relaxing, intimate and funky.

The food was extremely good, esp. the duck and prawns. Servings were of good size as was the desserts.
Prices are very competitive esp. when considering what you are getting.
Service was good and the only thing stopping me giving them 5stars is that they did forget a dessert and made an error on the bill(overcharged) that was sorted out quickly.

1  Thank MrShaggy