“Boxty always delivers”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have eaten in Bricin a couple of times over the last year and have brought groups to it after big events in the town, the latest on Ring of Kerry cycle night. The place was packed, but the athmosphere, service and food was as good as before. A very enjoyable restaurant that caters for everyone and especially the Boxty is fabulous, especially when people who have never eaten it also like it.

3  Thank RichieC747
Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

John, our host, and Pat, his brother, the chef, made this one of the most welcoming experiences of our trip to Ireland. upstairs over the shop, the ambiance is that of your granmother's dining room - warm, charming and a little old world. Super friendly staff get the meals to the table quickly and hot. their specialty - The Boxty - was enjoyed in several flavors by our party. the lamb and the scallops were also especially good. the desserts (chocolate cake, apple crumble & Bailey's chessecake) topped off an extraordinary meal. TripAdvisor has it highly ranked and it is well deserved. a can't miss if you are in downtown Killarney.
Note: O'Shea's Pub across the street is like the home town bar you never left!

3  Thank Joey-L-1958
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at the Bricin early on a very busy Saturday night and the maitre 'd did his best to squeeze us in. We had a delicious meal - I had my first boxty - will be trying it again! And I lovely carage of wine. The place was packed and is clearly popular and I can see why. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank kensy007
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We ate in Bricin recently,I ordered the boxty with a beef stroganoff filling and it was delicious and quite a unique dish which was a lovely change on a menu. My companion had a sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection and he also enjoyed a homemade apple crumble. The staff are friendly and efficient and the owner welcomed us personally and was very pleasant. The surroundings are fabulous with stained glass windows creating a lovely ambiance.

2  Thank elizabethireland13
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our dinner was exquisite. It was the first time I had boxty and I loved it. Dinner was so good we tried to make a reservation for the next night but they were full.

1  Thank Brian B