“Our Dining Experience at Bricin”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are always looking for something "different" to try while we travel. While in Killarney we passed a restr. called Bricin. They advertised a "boxty Dinner" We thought we'd give it a try. I can't tell you how great the entire meal was. Great atmosphere and the service was excellent. The dinner was to die for!! I mean it and I'm a fussy eater!!! Dessert was also great. I had a Toffee Bread pudding. Excellent.... I can't wait to return to Ireland and also return to Bricin.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Was at Bricin and could not pass up a rare place that offers, and in deed, specializes in Boxty, the old fashioned Irish dish which a potato pancake filled or covered with savory sauces. The prices are reasonable, the desserts are yum-o. And don't rush too fast out of the shop on the lower level. If you are looking to be cozy in a corner nook, you will find it here.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice lively restaurant, with a good atmosphere. We had the set dinner menu for 27 Euro pp. Not a huge range of choices on it but the food was very tasty. Best starter at our table was the chowder- creamy and delicious. I had the boxty with chicken filling as a main and i liked it, - comfort food in good sized portions. I hadnt eaten it before so wasnt sure what to expect. it was like a large pancake with potato in it, folded over the mixture inside. We had a nice chardonnay which I think was 23 Euro. The staff were polite and friendly, they seemed a little under pressure at times because the restaurant was almost full the night we dined there. (A Saturday night) It didn't feel uncomfortably crowded despite the big numbers as the tables are well spaced out. Our only minus was that the area we were in was very warm, some other parts of the restaurant (its very spread out) seemed better ventilated. That said, we were having a heatwave at the time so its probably not usually an issue!

1  Thank LeonardCohenFan44
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Concierge at Muckross Park Hotel made reservation for me after local artist tipped me off to this lovely jewel! So glad I did! The lamb chops were excellent and the tart was flaky and buttery and just right! Wished I had more time to make another trip and try the salmon. It looked delish!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We hoped for a quiet diner but were put next to a very noisy American business party which should have been in a separate room perhaps. Staff were friendly and helpfull. The meals were reasonable. Meat ordered medium/rare was more like well done. Expensive wines.

1  Thank Rose V