“Friendly family service at Bricin”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great family run restaurant. We arrived late of a Saturday night and within fifteen minutes were seated and ready to order, even without a booking!

I enjoyed soup, curry and cake as part of a €27 set menu, and my partner enjoyed a traditional chowder, steak and crumble on a €35 menu. All wrapped up with great friendly service and a lovely atmosphere.

Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Bricin was recommended by friends and by our b&b hostess. Yummy boxty. Great service and didn’t feel rushed. Lots of comfort food but wish we would have tried the lamb. A table next to us ordered it and it looked amazing. Went during the week and wasn’t very busy.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had a meal here on the 16th March with my partner. The welcome was superb, our table was perfect, the food outstanding and we were last to leave with no pressure at any stage to finish up - fantastic night and would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you happen to be in Killarney do not miss Bricin. This restaurant has excellent food and very friendly service. We got there early and were able to get a seating without a reservation but I would recommend one as the place filled up quickly. Boxty was amazing and far exceeds anything I have had in the United States. Everything was fresh and flavorful.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had read about Bricin in a few guide books but it wasn't until we mentioned going there to our kayak guide that we knew we had to try it out as he said it was one of his favorites. And it was one of the best meals we've EVER had, anywhere. We got there about 5:30 and were greeted by the owner who was incredibly friendly. We were seated immediately although after 20 minutes the place was full so I recommend making reservations as it is extremely popular. They are famous for their boxty which I can only describe as a stuffed potato pancake. Mine was like a chicken pot pie and I could not stop eating it. The service was spot on - not overly in your face but not lacking, either. Even though I was stuffed, I had to partake of tea and dessert afterwards. Don't let the fact you enter the restaurant though a store stop you because if you do, you'll be missing out.