“Fantastic Food”

Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcoming visitors and locals alike for over 100 years, Hannigans Bar & Restaurant is one of Killarney's best-loved and much-acclaimed historic drinking and dining establishments. Enjoy all-day dining from 10.00am to 9pm with superb, locally sourced produce, cooked to perfection and served in cosy, candle-lit surroundings with friendly and professional service. A la Carte & Evening Specials Menus - Served from 6.00pm to 9pm Lunch Menu - Served from 12.30pm to 4.30pmSandwiches, Toasties, Wraps & Snacks - Served from 10.30am to 4.30pm Hannigans Restaurant Killarney -A dining experience featuring the finest seasonal Irish ingredients, beautifully executed and dedicated to diners who enjoy comfort,atmosphere, superb service, reasonable prices and most of all good, simple food.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to hannigans resturant for dinner which was absolutely fantastic the food was just A1.And Brendan the waiter was so helpful does his job very well. Whenever we go to Killarney in future we will be dining here . Even considering stayed in the International Hotel itself

killarneyinter, Guest Relations Manager at Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear maud11_12,

I am delighted you found your dining experience at Hannigans to be fantastic. Brendan is indeed super and I will certainly pass your compliments to him. We look forward to welcoming you on future trips to Killarney and of course invite you to contact us with regard to staying at the hotel on your next visit – with our elegant and exceptionally comfortable guestrooms and extensive facilities within the hotel, you will not be disappointed!

With thanks for taking the time to review Hannigans, kind regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We found Hannigan's by walking by and looking at the menu. We all ordered the same thing and all four of us thought the fish and chips was the best we've ever had. Light, fresh and amazing. I only wish I stayed in Killarney for two nights so I could go back to Hannigan's again.

Dear Edward M,

With a heading like that, we are delighted you chanced upon us on your walk around Killarney! We have a great selection of seafood on our lunchtime and evening menus, including Oven-Roasted Monkfish Tail, Baked Fillet of Cod, Pan Seared Salmon, Lemon Sole Fillets, Surf ‘n Turf and a Seafood Pancake. I am delighted you all enjoyed your fish and chips and, given that you didn’t have the chance to return again, I hope that you found somewhere nice on your travels outside Killarney!

With many thanks again for your kind review,

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch today. I had the minute steak potatoes, veg and portion of chips, my wife had the soup and a toasted s/w, couldnt fault the food. Would recommend the food to anyone.

1  Thank EdwardO71

Dear EdwardO71,

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to see that you and your wife both enjoyed your meals with us. The grilled minute steak, served with onions, mushrooms and a creamy pepper sauce and a selection of side-dishes is indeed delicious and, at €13.50, is a lunchtime favourite. Of course, soup and a sandwich is always a popular lunchtime choice and we offer a wide selection of made-to-order sandwiches, wraps, ciabatta specials and many more.

With thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant, kind regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

the pub is great, spotless , great service, fast delivery of food . but the Lunch prices served in the bar are way too high including 4.50 euros for a pot of tea for 2... that 's 2 tea bags and hot water. Kids toasties at 5.50 each... too high for off season trading in

Dear polo22,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to see that you found Hannigans to be a great place with good and timely service. Our menu prices would be considered good value for the high quality produce that we use. With regard to the prices you mention, a pot of tea for two is €4.50, being twice the price of a regular tea for one which is €2.25. We are happy to offer complimentary top-ups for those who wish to relax and chat a little more over their tea. Our wholesome toasted sandwiches are off the main adult menu and are freshly made to order, with a wide choice of high quality fillings and are served with side salad and tasty Irish potato crisps.

We thank you again for your review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate there while we stayed in Killarney. Great Service and food. Their Potato and Leek soup was fabulous, as well as the dessert. I would recommend it to anybody staying in the area.

Dear ElisabethJane26,

Many thanks for your kind review. “Great Food and Service” is just the type of heading that we like to see! I am delighted you would be happy to recommend Hannigans to visitors to the area, as this is a great compliment to our team.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope we have the chance to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,