“Took complete advantage on match day”

Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcoming visitors and locals alike for over 100 years, Hannigans Bar & Restaurant is one of Killarney's best-loved and much-acclaimed historic drinking and dining establishments. Enjoy all-day dining from 10.00am to 9pm with superb, locally sourced produce, cooked to perfection and served in cosy, candle-lit surroundings with friendly and professional service. A la Carte & Evening Specials Menus - Served from 6.00pm to 9pm Lunch Menu - Served from 12.30pm to 4.30pmSandwiches, Toasties, Wraps & Snacks - Served from 10.30am to 4.30pm Hannigans Restaurant Killarney -A dining experience featuring the finest seasonal Irish ingredients, beautifully executed and dedicated to diners who enjoy comfort,atmosphere, superb service, reasonable prices and most of all good, simple food.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went there for breakfast on Munster Final day. We had got some great recommendations about this place from friends living in Killarney. When we went in the door the waiter asked 'Breakfast?' and we said yes. We sat down and after about 10 mins we asked about menus and the waiter had told us he had ordered 2 full Irish breakfasts for us. As I am a vegetarian I told him I only wanted eggs and beans. He charged my partner €12 for a full Irish (nothing spectacular) and he then charged me €10 for 2 fried eggs and some beans. He said he knocked off the €2 even though I had technically ordered the full Irish when I came in. My advice in relation to this restaurant - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I wish I had

3  Thank Maysie25
killarneyinter, Guest Relations at Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Maysie25,
Many thanks for your review. It is very disappointing to receive such a review as we place great emphasis on customer satisfaction and strive at all times for our guests to have a memorable experience. We apologise for the miscommunication and regret that it was not made clear to you what was being offered for breakfast on the particular day in question. I do feel however it is important to point out that it was the day of the Munster Football Final, a unique and exceptionally busy day in Killarney, and the only day of the year that we do not serve our regular lunch and breakfast menus. With in excess of 35,000 visitors to the town on that day, all bars and restaurants tend to offer a more limited choice so as to ensure customers are not waiting too long and are not delayed in getting to the match.
I hope that you will understand that this was an isolated case and I hope you will return to receive the normal customer service that our guests experience.
With kind regards,
Tanya O’Shea

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went there for lunch and it was all right, but I was annoyed by the service. The wait staff was very brusque and not very pleasant. Smiles were non-existent (very unusual for Ireland) and they were adept at avoiding eye contact. You got the food and they disappeared, never to be seen again. Getting the check was a major undertaking.
We had sandwiches which were fine, but they came with crumbs of potato chips. There wasn't a whole chip on either plate - like they had dumped the bottom of the bag on the plate.

Dear shen60,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit to Hannigans Bar & Restaurant. We are extremely disappointed that your experience was not a positive one as you will have seen from many other reviews that our customers tend to rate the customer service very highly due to the significant importance we place on service and customer satisfaction with our staff. We take your feedback on board and will most certainly bring it to our staff attention at our next meeting.
I appreciate that this is not of much consolation to you, however I do hope that you enjoyed your time in Killarney and the rest of your travels.
Kind regards

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fun without being too rowdy. They have live music and regular locals. There were more Americans than we would have liked, but it was a busy weekend.

killarneyinter, Guest Relations at Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear joeyl,
Many thanks for your review of our restaurant and bar. Last weekend was indeed fantastic as Killarney played host to both the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle and the GAA Munster Football Final. We have Live Music in Hannigans Bar 7 nights each week from June to October and it is enjoyed by a wonderful mix of both locals and visitors alike, with a sing-song starting many nights at the drop of a hat! I hope the remainder of your trip was enjoyable and wish you safe travels.
With best regards,
Tanya O’Shea

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went for a meal in Hannigans last Sunday evening with friends. It was one of the busiest days of the year as it was Munster final day and Killarney was thronged. However we had a delicious meal and despite being very busy the staff were excellent. Luckily we had booked in advance. Well done to all concerned. Will be back in the near future for sure. Congrats.

Dear 86James86,
Last weekend was indeed one to remember! Despite the crowds from the Ring of Kerry Cycle and the Munster Football Final, the team in Hannigans did a super job all weekend, ensuring our patrons still received the super food and service we promise every time. We will be delighted to welcome you back again next time.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I had a look at the menu and decided to go in. Best decision ever. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Loved everything about it. Will be back.

2  Thank Patricia L

Dear Patricia L,
Thank your for your lovely review. We love to hear that our food is excellent and that our staff are friendly, however most of all we love to hear that you will be coming back! We consider this to be the best sign that our patrons have fully enjoyed their experience in Hannigans Restaurant.
With best regards,