“T-Bone steak cooked to perfection.”

Hannigan's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcoming visitors and locals alike for over 100 years, Hannigans Bar & Restaurant is one of Killarney's best-loved and much-acclaimed historic drinking and dining establishments.Enjoy all-day dining from 10.00am to 9.30pm with superb, locally sourced produce, cooked to perfection and served in cosy, candle-lit surroundings with a friendly and professional service. A la Carte & Evening Specials Menus - Served from 6.00pm to 9.30pmLunch Menu - Served from 12.30pm to 4.30pmSandwiches, Toasties, Wraps & Snacks - Served from 10.30am to 4.30pm Hannigans Restaurant Killarney -A dining experience featuring the finest seasonal Irish ingredients, beautifully executed and dedicated to diners who enjoy comfort,atmosphere, superb service, reasonable prices and most of all,good, simple food. The Brewery Restaurant- Where opulent wood panelling, ornate ceilings and delicate crystal chandeliers echo fond memories of times bygone and sets the perfect scene for freshly prepared breakfast, candlelit evening dining or contact us about private gatherings of up to 100 people. The Brasserie - Keep an eye on the Jaunting Cars with freshly brewed coffee and homemade scones... the perfect way to start your day! Also the perfect private party venue with private bar. The Library -Enjoy the joy of Afternoon Tea with a friend in The Library or curl up with your favorite book and a mug of hot chocolate.
waterford
“T-Bone steak cooked to perfection.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

On a recent trip to Killarney to compete in an adventure race we left our out of town hotel for a bite to eat in the town centre. The friendly taxi driver recommended Hannigan's in the International Hotel. We entered the lobby of the hotel which was bright and welcoming and the friendly staff on duty escorted us to the restaurant. We were greated by the restaurant manager who seated us (my wife & I) at a nice table. The restaurant had a warm feel to it and the decour had character, a very nice setting without being over fussy.

We had fresh salad and garlic bread for starters which were very tasty. For mains i had the T Bone steak which came out as T Bone steaks used to be in years gone by. Of good size and cooked to perfection, along with fresh veg, fries and mash. My wife had the burger from the bar menu (which looked a good menu as well) , she too enjoyed the food..

Excellent staff who were professional but not over the top made the dining all the more enjoyable. i highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back again.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Only had a snack but what a cracking pub !!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been to this pub every time I've been to Killarney and I think it is an ideal place to start your evening. The staff are all excellent and I have always been made to feel very welcome.

I cannot comment on the main meals but the snacks are resonable and tasty, the service is prompt and friendly.

My friends and I spent hours in there last Friday and what a cracking day that was (12 Oct 12) :-)

Not much else to say about the place really, apart from if you go to Killarney, give it a go!!!

It was my Dad's favourite pub in Killarney and now it is mine ;-) !!!!!

• Visited October 2012
Killarney, Ireland
“cake+coffee=3.95=bargin!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Reading other reviews of Hannigan's I will agree that the service isnt the best, the waitresses werent the most attentive but to be honest this didnt ruin our lunch there.
The menu is pretty good, has a variety of dishes and prices are are good compared to alot of the places around.
Portions were good size served with two veg, mash and chips and very tasty(esp salmon)
Also in the afternoon they do coffee and cake for 3.95 and while you might think that you'd get a small cup of coffee and tiny slice of cake you would be wrong,its a large cup of coffee and big slice of cake making this an absolute bargin!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrShaggy
Dublin, Ireland
“Will not return”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I eat a lot in this bar and it is usually quiet good but the last few visit i had there it didn't please me. It seems to me that the quality of the food has gone down just a little bit but more over the quality of the staff. I personally think that the attitude of staff can make or break a place and i think the two waitress that were on that night we ate there shouldnt have been working there because if you're in a job you don't want to be in it shows. Firstly one of the waitress took an order from a table of 5 tourist across the way from us and while she was taking the order she was chewing gum. I was gob smacked. The other waitress took our order but it was quiet evident she didn't want to be there. We had ordered wine with our starter and main course. We had eaten the starter and we hadn't received our wine. I asked our waitress for the wine and she told me "yeah it's coming" i couldn't believe it. As i say i eat here once a week and usally the staff are excellent. Sadly i will no longer be going to Hannigan's to eat anymore and it's mainly down to the ignorance of these two waitress.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank miniblue
Madrid, Spain
“Didn't see what the fuss is about!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I could be wrong, but I didn't see what hoo-ha about this bar is all about? I think its slightly over-hyped. On the other streets in Killarney you find much more traditional bars with live Irish music. Also, the drinks are a couple of cents cheaper too (if that matters to you!) ;) Also, bars in Killarney close early like at 1am or so.

Visited August 2012