“Great dinner, excellent service”

Murphy Brownes Restaurant
Ranked #268 of 715 Restaurants in County Kerry
Description: Irish, European, International, Steakhouse, Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten free options, Local Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Duck spring to start. Do it! Lamb shank was slow cooked perfectly. Sea bass was flavorful and a very good portion. And Aoife, our server was absolutely delightful. Go!

murphybrownes, Owner at Murphy Brownes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Mike W
Lovely review, concise and to the point and has made Aoife's day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I really found a gem when we stumbled upon Murphy Brownes on high street in Killarney. We heard from exiting guests that their fish and chips were incredible, so we ordered that along with their cowder.

The beer battered fish and chips were fantastic. The fish was both hearty and tasty and the fried batter to actual meat ratio was perfect. The tarter sauce had a great tarter flavor that enhanced the fish without overtaking it. The chips were rather standard, but they were warm and fresh so I couldn't ask for much more there. The plate also came with a lovely salad that provided a medley of flavors. There was a spice to it with peppers and arugula, a refreshing taste from cucumber and tomato, and then a sweet taste from what I believe was a little mango. All the flavors came together beautifully to form a delicious side salad. The descriptions of their main dish salads sounded wonderful so if you're looking for a good salad be sure to stop in there.

The chowder was also great. I generally prefer thick, chunky chowder. This one had more cream than I'd usually like but they made it work with a good amount of fresh local fish in there and the cream base had such a compelling flavor to it that I found myself eating the whole thing faster than I'd intended.

The staff was all friendly and helpful. The actual restaurant itself was very fancy, with a great mixture of rustic and fancy. One small detail that I appreciated: real candles. Many restaurants are transitioning to the safer, more cost effective electronic candles but they just aren't quite the same.

Definitely check this place out if you're looking for a great meal in Killarney.

Dear Preston D
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our new restaurant
It was a pleasure to read of your experience with us

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great dinner at Murphy Browne’s in Killarney, Ireland! You would never know the restaurant had only been open for 5 weeks! Very clean, very nicely decorated. Service was extremely friendly and attentive! And the food was excellent! Thank you so much for a great evening. We highly recommend Murphy Browne’s!

Dear pwags4
So nice to hear such positive feedback and thankyou so much for sharing your experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The spring rolls with duck for starters were crispy, light, and delicious. Order your own serving because you won’t want to share! Our lamb shank was superb as was the duck in a plum sauce! My husband and I enjoyed their house Malbec and all of the vegetables that accompanied the entrees!
Our Ring of Kerry driver, Shane Lyons, steered us right on this new gym of a restaurant! Service with a smile!!! Check this place out!

Dear Connie Clare
Love the comments about the spring rolls.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another couple from our tour group dined here and highly recommended it. We were not disappointed. The quality of the food and the level of service were outstanding; I thoroughly enjoyed the mussels. I am so pleased to be able to publicly recommend this relatively new restaurant to others. While there were many good pubs in town, this was a nice departure from pub grub.

Dear Debra
Sincere thanks for such a lovely review and sharing your experience with us