“Connemara & Cliffs of Moher”

Galway Tour Company
Connemara Day Trip from Galway: Kylemore Abbey and Ross Errilly Friary
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Galway Tour Company, Galway's favourite Tour Company offering the No.1 rated tours to The Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, Connemara and Cong with Kylemore Abbey and Trips to The Aran Islands. Offering you the most passionate and fun tours with Local Guides who are loaded with stories, history, and folklore. There is no better option for exploring the West of Ireland.
Bern, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Connemara & Cliffs of Moher”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The first tour we did was the one to Connemara. We were picked up at our guesthouse, even though we only booked 30 minutes in advance. Our guide was Michael D., who was very friendly and funny. In the beginning we didn't quite understand his English, as he had a pretty strong Irish accent (at least to us), but after a while we got used to it and understood most of what he said. He kept joking around but was also very knowledgeable about the history of the area.
On the second day we had booked the tour to the Cliffs of Moher, and yet again Michael D. was our guide. I was expecting him to repeat parts of the history facts and funny stories he had already told us on the first tour, but to my surprise he didn't.
The sights we visited were well chosen and easily accessible without a lot of walking.
Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures of some of the landscapes because we only drove by and didn't make a stop. But then again adding more stops would also reduce the time you get to spend at the sights, which in my opinion shouldn't be any less than it is now.

1 Thank Flurina I

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“Increíble, awesome, best company ever”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went with them to connemara and next day to cliffs of moher. The trips were awesome thanks to the guides. Even being spanish we could understand every word they said. It was interesting, amazing, and we learnt a lot of things about Galway and Ireland.
The best of that trip? Definitely the guides, Ray and Michael. Thanks a lot to make these troops unforgettable!!!

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST TOUR EVER”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We went on our tour with Eamon Brady who made the tour quite possibly the best tour I have ever been on. We had been told earlier that the tour would be over before our 6pm train left Galway for Dublin. Unfortunately, this was not going to be the case and Eamon knew that we were concerned. He not only called the train station but he also made sure that we had seats on the next bus back to Dublin free of charge. That much care and concern for complete strangers is rare and very special. I was blown away by his generosity and that of this company as well. I speak for myself and my friends when I say that if and when I come back to Galway, I will make sure to book another tour through this company. Being here on my own for 5 months without my family is hard for me but they made this last weekend my best one in Ireland yet. Not only were the people fantastic, but the tour as well was amazing. We went on the Cliffs of Moher and Burren tour and it was an incredible 8 hour tour where we got to see so much of the countryside. This tour made me fall even more in love with Ireland and I will be sure to go on another tour soon!

2 Thank Katie G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went on the Connemara tour with my girlfriend yesterday. We had an amazing time! Bus left at 10 and returned to Galway at 5! Our tour guide, Damien, was great! He was funny and kept things lively! He even dropped us off close to our house on the way home! We saw irelands truly breathtaking countryside, and stopped at the small town of cong and kylemore abbey which was gorgeous! They give you the option to buy a ticket at kylemore to explore which seems weird because you stop there for over two hours with nothing else around, so it is really a necessity to buy the ticket. Also the bus ride was a bit bumpy so bring a plastic bag and water!

Paris, France
“A great Cliffs of moher tour thanks to Eddy!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely time during our Cliff of moher tour! We saw lots of amaizing places (not only the cliffs!) and our guide Eddy was so nice and kind! He gave us lots of informations, historical explanations and real good advices! We learned lots of things thanks to him, a man who is in love with his country! So you can not go in Dublin without making this tour :)
elodie & alex from Paris