“Best tour guide, ever!”

Galway Tour Company
Ranked #10 of 63 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Galway Tour Company, Galway's favourite Tour Company offering the No.1 rated tours to The Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, Connemara and Cong with Kylemore Abbey and Trips to The Aran Islands. Offering you the most passionate and fun tours with Local Guides who are loaded with stories, history, and folklore. There is no better option for exploring the West of Ireland.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

There seems to be three or four major tour companies that offer the Cliffs of Moher tour from Galway, but after a bit of research, my girlfriend and I decided to book with Galway Tour Company. From the very moment we were picked up from our accommodation, to the very moment we returned to Galway, we were thoroughly impressed with the staff, service and buses.
Comfy buses, funny/informative tour guides and a relaxed pace made for the perfect tour.
We have now been travelling for 12 months and our guide, PJ was the best guide we have encountered on any tour we have taken part in. He was funny, friendly, informative, funny, courteous and funny. I think he must be a stand-up comedian in his spare time.
I highly recommend Galway Tour Company if you are looking for a relaxed, informative and enjoyable tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,021)
All reviews
"lunch stop"
in 43 reviews
"galway tour"
in 58 reviews
"aran islands and cliffs of moher"
in 35 reviews
in 29 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was travelling around Galway with my Dutch and Belgian friends and we took a tour to Connemara with this company. I have never heard a person talk for so long in my whole life. The driver never stopped talking and moved quickly from topic to topic. It was also very recession heavy, something that I thought would be only slightly mentioned but it seemed as if this particular driver had some bad run ins with builders. I really really do not recommend this tour. The whole thing was completely unscripted and the drivers were stopping in random places every five minutes. It was not well planned, it was messy and honestly just annoying. I don't recommend this at tour at all to any person who wants to enjoy Connemara.

7  Thank AoifeA207
Paul N, Public Relations Manager at Galway Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi Everybody,

This review was written by the girlfriend of one of our competitors!!!
If you look at her other reviews you can figure out which one yourself.

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We did the tour to Cliffs of Moher and The Burren last month on our recent stay in Galway. I booked online and we were picked up and dropped back to our B&B in Salthill. Our driver was fantastic and had an excellent sense of humour. We had a great day, the weather was kind to us and all and all we enjoyed hearing about the history and culture of this fantastic country. This tour was great value for money and we have returned home with lasting memories.

1  Thank Bev H
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to Kylemore Abbey and Cong today, which is a typical day tour. But what made this extremely enjoyable was the driver, Paul. He had a wealth of knowledge both useful and obscure, and a great Irish sense of humor. He engaged everyone on the trip and we were never rushed or hassled in any way. Bravo to Galway Tours and specifically to our tour guide, Paul.

1  Thank hrkings
See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We traveled from Dublin to Galway to start our tour of hidden Ireland. It is advertised as the Connemara and Cong day tour. It was a great tour that I would highly recommend to anyone! Ken was our wonderful tour guide, and he led a tour that will forever be in our memories! I traveled with my 16 year old daughter. Ken held our interest from beginning to end...and we saw amazing sights...Kylemore Abbey was definitely a place where we will return to! The company is a top notch company with wonderful and friendly employees like Ken and Gemma. We will definitely take another tour with this company when we return to Ireland.

2  Thank TexanTraveler2013