“Great breakfast spot”
Review of food for thought

food for thought
Ranked #159 of 502 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The full Irish breakfast was excellent, as were the pancakes and bacon. They have free refills on coffee - and the coffee is brewed, which is a nice treat. Great art exhibition and Irish atmosphere, too!

4  Thank Curtstev

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sometimes its hard to find somewhere that does a nice lunch at a good price but thats what I got when i had lunch in Food for Thought. I had the vegan pie and some salads, and it was all very tasty. I was on my own so the complemtary papers/magazines were a nice touch, there was also an instagram exhibition. I did get chatting to the person sitting along side me, she told me she has lunch there very often and that it is owned and run by a Galway couple, also good to hear in these days of franchise cafes.

6  Thank James M
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here twice in the past 3months and have left unsatisfied on both occasions. First time I don't think the food was particularly fresh. Second time I went back to see if it was just a once off or not. It wasn't. I will not go back again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day they say,so whenever i'm in town i drop into Food For Thought for a tasty scrambled egg or a wholesome bowl of porridge.The atmosphere in there is laid back and friendly,you can read a complimentry paper or admire the art on the walls.
To see the manager observing the place to make sure everything is up to his high standards,or the friendly staff making sure you've had enough coffee or tea........as i have already said 'Food For Thought-Definately.

3  Thank REIDO168
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have only moved to Galway from Zaragoza in Spain, and am trying to taste as much Irish food as possible. My housemate John said that this was a nice place and he eats out lots so said I would go down on my lunch from college.

It was very busy there which was a good sign and the staff were nice even though they were busy. I ordered a potato and a juice. I was sad when it was not nice at all, the potato was like it was wet on the inside and the taste was cold. The juice was very nice. I said it to the staff that I didnt like it and she said I should try a desert. While I was making my choice I thought I saw a cat run behind her. I didnt say anything and sat down with my desert. It was warmed up in the microwave so the inside was too hot and burned my mouth, which was very sore. Beside me two men were talking about buying some tools like a hammer and drill and they were very loud which also was annoying as they were hitting on my side. But this is not the staffs fault. I dont know if I would go back as it was very busy and not very nice but was not too much money.

5  Thank Enrique S