“Clayton ticks all the boxes!”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Moate, Ireland
“Clayton ticks all the boxes!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a fantastic stay. It was the ideal location for our party of 20 Adults 9 kids. From the first email I sent until we left the hotel, every member of staff I dealt with were so helpful and professional. The check in was so smooth, as there were lots of different requests i.e. travel cots, inter connecting rooms, an upgrade… etc. etc.! Our rooms were perfect so spacious and clean.
The restaurant was set up perfect for our party and our meal was delish.
Our large party ranged in age from 1 to 70 and everyone had a most enjoyable stay. I will definitely stay at the Clayton again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JoanneG365
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear JoanneG365,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted we were able to keep everyone happy and I want to thank you especially for choosing the Clayton as the venue for your get together. I hope it's not too long before you can think of another excuse to visit again!

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely lovely hotel, friendly staff, lovely food, rooms are a really high standard, spacious and comfortable. Free parking and free wifi were great benefits.
Loved staying here hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Grace W,

Thank you so much for posting a brief review after your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm glad that everything met with your approval and I really do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us again.

Dublin
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay at the Clayton. The staff and service were second to none especially Niamh on reception and Karolina in the (very clean!) Leisure Centre who could not do enough to accomodate my family and I. We enjoyed tasty food in the bar for both lunch and dinner one of the evenings and an exceptionally good irish coffee! the room was superb, spacious , well appointed but above all clean. The staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and helpful and breakfast was plentiful- I would have no hesitation recommending the Clayton for a family or couples break. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirkally
Dear Kirkally,

Thank you so much for posting so a glowing review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. Whilst the whole team here are focused on delivering excellent customer service I know both Niamh and Karolina in particular are thrilled with your recognition of their hard work. Your recommendation is very valuable to me and I do hope it won't be too long before you are back to stay again.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at the clayton on the 8th 9th and 10th of june with my partner and we found it an excellent hotel to stay in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The choice for breakfast was great and the menu for dinner was really good. The room was spacious and very clean with air conditioning and toilet was also tidy and clean. Well worth a visit and will go back again

Room Tip: the room we stayed in was quiet and it was on third floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear larrykielthy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time here with us so much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Third time to stay at this modern spotless clean hotel. Arrived with my partner for a weekend break. Hotel was packed something to do with the rose of tralee. Made no difference. Reception saw to us immediately and gave us keys to our room. Room was nice but a bit small compared to the rooms we stayed in previously. None the less we were happy . . . Until I discovered there was no socket near the mirrors for me to plug my hair dryer and straighteners into. Trivial but necessary. Went down to reception explained the situation to a lovely lady who immediately upgraded us to the top floor suite. Needless to say the suite was absolutely stunning !! Sitting area HUGE balcony. Beautiful bathroom. Highly recommend this hotel. Shops beside hotel. Short ten min drive to city

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren B
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear laurenpalmer,

Firstly thank you so much for coming back to us again and secondly thank you for taking the time to post a review of your latest stay. I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue you had with your room promptly, but thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll raise it with the maintenance guys here and if it's something we can address easily we'll work to make that improvement across the hotel. I really do appreciate your recommendation and I hope it won't be too long before you are back in Galway again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lovely clean Hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it is on the outskirts of the city of Galway, about a 5 min drive, but that is exactly as we wanted, food in the restaurant and bar was excellent also, I would highly recommend this hotel as a great base to explore Galway City and county or Connemara or Clare

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the main road which can be busy at rush hour. if you want a lie in,
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Paul M,

Thank you so much for posting a brief review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your time here with us so much and I really do appreciate your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

arrived for two nights,14th,15th, june 2014, was greeted by niamh at reception lovely girl very helpful rooms are lovely big bright rooms bit noisy on the main road,bar was good music on saturday,sunday,bar closed last night at 12 midnight people were coming in looking for a drink had to go outside,would have liked to stay in the bar for another while,bar staff are very nice lads,breakfast was buffet very impressed,plenty fruit scrambled eggs were gorgeous,will be back to visit the clayton hotel again,thank you niamh at reception for your lovely warm welcome

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ethel B,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I'll certainly raise your points about the bar closing time with my management team, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I know that Niamh in particular will be thrilled with your recognition of her dedication to welcoming all our guests hospitably. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are back to stay again.