Clayton Hotel Galway
Nox Hotel(Galway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
2,059 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Third time to stay at this modern spotless clean hotel. Arrived with my partner for a weekend break. Hotel was packed something to do with the rose of tralee. Made no difference. Reception saw to us immediately and gave us keys to our room. Room was nice but a bit small compared to the rooms we stayed in previously. None the less we were happy . . . Until I discovered there was no socket near the mirrors for me to plug my hair dryer and straighteners into. Trivial but necessary. Went down to reception explained the situation to a lovely lady who immediately upgraded us to the top floor suite. Needless to say the suite was absolutely stunning !! Sitting area HUGE balcony. Beautiful bathroom. Highly recommend this hotel. Shops beside hotel. Short ten min drive to city

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren B
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear laurenpalmer,

Firstly thank you so much for coming back to us again and secondly thank you for taking the time to post a review of your latest stay. I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue you had with your room promptly, but thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll raise it with the maintenance guys here and if it's something we can address easily we'll work to make that improvement across the hotel. I really do appreciate your recommendation and I hope it won't be too long before you are back in Galway again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lovely clean Hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it is on the outskirts of the city of Galway, about a 5 min drive, but that is exactly as we wanted, food in the restaurant and bar was excellent also, I would highly recommend this hotel as a great base to explore Galway City and county or Connemara or Clare

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the main road which can be busy at rush hour. if you want a lie in,
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Paul M,

Thank you so much for posting a brief review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your time here with us so much and I really do appreciate your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

arrived for two nights,14th,15th, june 2014, was greeted by niamh at reception lovely girl very helpful rooms are lovely big bright rooms bit noisy on the main road,bar was good music on saturday,sunday,bar closed last night at 12 midnight people were coming in looking for a drink had to go outside,would have liked to stay in the bar for another while,bar staff are very nice lads,breakfast was buffet very impressed,plenty fruit scrambled eggs were gorgeous,will be back to visit the clayton hotel again,thank you niamh at reception for your lovely warm welcome

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ethel B,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I'll certainly raise your points about the bar closing time with my management team, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I know that Niamh in particular will be thrilled with your recognition of her dedication to welcoming all our guests hospitably. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are back to stay again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed in hotel on Saturday 14th June. Having read mixed reviews, on Tripadviser,before we booked, my expectations were modest however it was a perfect set up for us. One night only / 2 people on brief stopover. Staff in particular were excellent from Reception, to Bar Staff and Restaurant. They could not have been more helpful; very polite, well organised and friendly. The bedroom / ensuite were well equiped, clean and modern. The bar / restaurant areas worked really well and food was excellent / reasonably priced. Hotel was busy but well organised. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear 964DaithiM,

Thank you so much for the review of your brief stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you decided to stay with us and test the hotel for yourself. The Clayton is a large hotel and thankfully we're very busy. With so many people coming and going there's always going to be some mixed reviews but 99 times out of 100 we deliver the service and experience our guests expect. Your comments are really helpful in providing balance and I really do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My compliments to GM Rory Fitzpatrick and staff for a well tended, modern hotel that is great for families weddings and bus tours- the latter 2 did not impose upon our family's enjoyment. Rooms are quite large as is the bathroom. My bed was the best I had after touring the whole of Ireland, the shower was a sumptuous deluge, VERY relaxing.

The restaurant and food was average but enjoyable and the Bar staff was personable and hospitable.

We LOVE the Clayton

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bob J

Dear Bob,

Thank you so much for your review and glowing endorsement of the Clayton Hotel. It was great to meet with you during your stay and I'm delighted that our beds made such a lasting impression. I'm glad to know you made it back home safely and I really do appreciate your recommendation. If you ever find yourself back in Ireland again you'll certainly know where to go for a good nights sleep.