“AMAZING”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Kilkenny, Ireland
“AMAZING”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during busy period wkend 13/14 DEC with a lot of Christmas parties etc... could not give the staff any higher praise very professional and dealt with everybody. Got free upgrade to executive suite which was amazing very helpful staff advised us lots about best places for food etc and told us bus stop to town just round corner. Food was unreal and the breakfast best I ever had in a hotel.
We will be back, was a pleasure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
Meath
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. The staff were lovely (everyone in Galway is always very friendly in my experience) the room clean and modern, as was the ensuite. The shower was great, which is always a plus as they can be very hit and miss in hotels. The breakfast buffet had plenty to choose from and was kept replenished. The location, while not in the city centre, suited our needs perfectly as we had our own transport. All in all a nice overnighter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Clayton Hotel Staff has went above and beyond, even after getting back from Ireland. I requested a favor for a Christmas present and they wrote me back with a wonderful reply that greatly helped! I want to come back here to repay the kindness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michaelmiller08
Galway, Ireland

Clayton Team,

I just wanted to send short note to thank the Clayton team for all the service and fantastic service I have had since I started to stay in the hotel (Late August).

I wish to thanks the great team at reception, the team who clean the rooms (they always look great), the fantastic bar staff that always have smiles on their faces and pleasant disposition. The kitchen staff who cook great food.

I am sure there are many other members of the Clayton team that I do not see so please thank them for me.

Thanks again to everyone and I wish everyone a happy Christmas and an even better New Year.

There is no other hotel in Galway I would stay at in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed December 22, 2013

such a lovely stay in July 2013 such lovely staff there espically steff on reception who is always smiling and so helpfull, we had a lovely room very spaceage big bathroom.
breakfast was gorgeous vincent and his staff as always very friendly. after a hard day shopping we had dinner in the bar. such a nice peacefull break away. didnt get a chance to use the spa or pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Foxford, Ireland
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the second time this year and to be fair you just could not say enough good things about the staff and the hotel itself, firstly when I entered the reception area it just gave you the feeling that you were welcome and Aisling on the desk was most informative, did her busness first on the check ins and then started to tell my wife and I about all that was going on in Galway city center and around the area and asked us what our interests were, When we got to our room it was lovely and warm and on the t v a welcome note,I could have slept in the bed all day and night for the 2 nights that we stayed it was really comfy,the breakfast was very good as much as you wanted to eat and the staff were excellent eg Connor and especially Nora she is lovely and very chatty this is what you expect from a hotel even in bad times which we are going through its a + to the managers on this one, Again if you are in Galway give the Clayton a try if only to see how the staff behaves its a credit to them,Jim and Jo

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my first and most definitely not my last stay in the Clayton. I booked a weekend here for my sister's hen and what a wonderful find! It is only a 5 minute taxi drive to the city and there is a good shopping centre (Dunnes Stores) across the road.I booked through the hotel. Both Niamh and Emer at reception were so accommodating and friendly. The rooms and beds were spacious and so comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant and it totally exceeded my expectations ... A very broad and delicious menu. The restaurant staff were so attentive and efficient. We went for the €99 package which included bed,breakfast, dinner and a very entertaining cocktail class (which was held in a separate private room). What fantastic value! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends