“Out of town, but easy to get in by local bus outside to the hotel”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just had 3 nights here with a tour group.A large hotel and busy. My room overlooked road at the back and you could here the traffic but it wasn't too bad. Our rooms were off to the left after reception and there was only 1 lift. The bedroom was large and cool, not happy having two adjoining doors in my room, but luckily no one noisy next door. High beds lovely and comfy. The lights were a bit dim for beside reading, but otherwise plenty of lights.The room had iron and board, no fridge, plenty of hangers.A roomy bathroom and a slip mat. At dinner the first night our group was served by Eileen who was very good and looked after us well. Food was wholesome but a bit plain. BF the next morning had a very good choice of food.When leaving the bedroom you need to check you door is locked, as previously we had been told someone had entered when not properly shut. The hotel is oppposite a small shopping mall with Dunnes which has a foodhall, so very handy. Would stay again.

Room Tip: ASk for one away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Galway

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently, I was part of a two day conference being held at the Clayton Galway Hotel. We did not know how the staff service would be as it is a large facility. However, the staff were brilliant. Despite it being a large facility, the attention we were given and the immediacy with which our requests were met, made it seem like a smaller hotel; it was actually very personal. We had a lovely time but what made it so nice was the staff. Everyone, from the check-in young lady at reception to the young man in charge of aspects of the hotel, were wonderful. We joked that one young man was everywhere we turned around whether in our meeting room, the restaurants, the hotel lobby, etc.! Lovely time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have just returned from a weekend break in Clayton hotel and had a great time . The staff were very pleasant helpful especially the girl on reservations on evening of 11 th oct when I rang ahead and she couldn't have been more helpful with my requests.The rooms are lovely ,beds v comfortable ,leisure facilities excellent and everywhere spotless,We enjoyed the bar food and while hotel is not in the heart of the city the bus goes every half hour from just outside hotel

1  Thank Annetteboyle
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Having read some of the previous reviews we were not sure what to expect. We have a most enjoyable stay for 2 nights . Food was excellent. Service from all staff in both the bar and restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

first thing is the Clayton is not near the city center. we kept the car at the hotel and took a cab when going out. this helped as I didn't have to worry about driving after a night on the town. the cab ride was about 15 euros. the hotel itself is very nice. the rooms large and very clean. I prefer clean over location all the time. the staff is also very friendly.
I would recommend this hotel. it's easy to get to and they have plenty of parking. the breakfast was nice.
if you're looking for location location location, this will not be the place for you, but if looking for clean and nice do stay here.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at the Clayton for one night while working away on business, it is a reasonably big hotel, and during my stay the hotel was busy, the rooms were very nice good air conditioning, clean, beds lovely and comfortable. There was a leisure center but I did not use same during my stay.

The breakfast was self-service and very good, however the food in the bar I didn't enjoy, I had the steak sandwich it had very little steak and was expensive priced around €14, portions ok the service in the bar was not that friendly and on reflection the true value of such a meal should be €10 , I felt like I was sitting in a canteen, this is the only draw back I had with the hotel.

Making the bar are more homely place and reduce the cost of the bar food would really make this hotel a winner

Room Tip: Request a room adjacent/overlooking the entrance area as the rooms on the road side can be noisy in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DaleHarris, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Carriganure

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guest as it provides us with a good measure of our performance and the service we provide to our guest. I am disappointed that your dining experience in the Bistro Bar has let down your overall experience.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Clayton Hotel in the near future and provide you with our improved quality of service which we strive to provide to every guest.

Kind regards
Dale Harris

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed their with my husband he went there on business two years ago and thought I would like it. The hotel itself is very modern clean and bright staff are very friendly and helpful it has a swimming pool steam room sauna and gym which were ace, I always use them if the hotel has them. It also has a very good car park.

Our room was very nice we were on the fourth floor which was more like a studio flat,it was very big with modern we had a balcony as well to watch the world go by, a massive bathroom which I would love to have in my own home, a sitting area and massive soft bed all was extremely comfortable the room was never cold or too hot the cleaning staff left it looking like new every day.

The food at the hotel was great, especially breakfast buffet (I love soda bread now) with a wide choice of hot and continental foods

Thank you for having us we look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra for the 4 Th. floor it's worth it
1  Thank Laura C