“Great Staff Hotel”

Clayton Hotel Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Understandable why the Clayton won a recent Trip Advisor award. Very clean and spacious rooms but the staff are what make the place. Desk staff extremely friendly, helpful, assisted in arranging a tyre fix, restaurant server was super professional and genuinely friendly.Location for tourist not conducive to seeing town easily, bus required.

Room Tip: Back side away from busy highway
1  Thank paul s

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is really nice and the rooms were very well furbished.

The breakfast buffet was excellent quality also.

My group ate in the hotel bar on one of our nights there. The food was fine, nothing exceptional but totally adequate for bar food.

The prices we paid for two night B&B were also excellent

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are well appointed and a good size. The bar is friendly and inviting also. The bar and restaurant food are both very good. My only little gripe is with the opening hours of the leisure centre which are limited and didn't suit me. The pool closes during the day and at eight at night. Overall though, I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again. Location is very accessible from the South and East.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and booked in for 3 days. This is a great hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful. On arrival we were immediately upgraded free of charge. THe hotel is nicely situated on the outskirts of Glaway city. It is a 5 minute drive into the heart of Glaway. Unfortunatley my wife was not feeling too well with a viral flu and we could not stay the third day. However the Duty Manager on the day (Aisling) insisted we take a free night's accommodation free of charge when we are next in the area. She did not need to do this but we greatly appreciate the gesture and look forward to staying there again. all in all this is a fantastic hotel with great facilities and the food is good also. the BEST feature of course is the staff too numkeropus to mention but in particular Brenda on Reception, Aisling the Duty Manager and Ian in the bistro/bar who is possibly one of the most friendly people I have ever had the pleasure to meet whilst staying in a hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good so you will be guaranteed a great room anyway.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed her for one night on a round trip through Ireland. The hotel is luxurious and the rooms are clean and modern. The staff is great and helpful. We were with quite a large group of singles and wanted to eat in the city. Since the hotel is located somewhat outside the city center, walking was not an option. The hotel staff helped us with taxi vans to bring us back to the hotel and we had a nice drink in the hotel bar afterwards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ewoud_S_13
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for the one night and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

I have to complement the staff on the Front Desk, when I checked in my booking was gone missing but the receptionist went ahead check me in and apologies for the mix-up.

The room as very nice beds were pure comfort and extremely clean.

We ate in the bar and the staff and the service were fist class the staff were very helpful and not thing was any trouble.

Will be back to stay in this lovely hotel

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked into the Clayton for myself and my fiancé's anniversary at the start of February. Having emailled the hotel beforehand, Niamh Treacy said she would do what she could to give us an upgrade since it was our anniversary. I didn't hold out much hope but when we were checked in by Stephanie I think, nothing was said but when we got up to our room clearly we had been upgraded! The room was AMAZING! Gorgeous suite with a fantastic large bathroom, really couldn't fault it.
We really didn't take advantage of the many facilities because I got a bad flu on the 2nd day and spent the full day in bed (not a bad thing as the bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable and great selection of tv channels to keep myself occupied! Can't wait to go again to use the gym and pool, quite gutted I didn't get to! Checking out we had a very friendly lady that quickly got us on our way. A bit out of the city centre but the hotel organised a taxi for us and to be honest I know I wouldn't get as good a deal closer to the city with such amenities and lovely rooms. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2013