“Very Impressed”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Mayo
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for the one night and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

I have to complement the staff on the Front Desk, when I checked in my booking was gone missing but the receptionist went ahead check me in and apologies for the mix-up.

The room as very nice beds were pure comfort and extremely clean.

We ate in the bar and the staff and the service were fist class the staff were very helpful and not thing was any trouble.

Will be back to stay in this lovely hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
Meath
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked into the Clayton for myself and my fiancé's anniversary at the start of February. Having emailled the hotel beforehand, Niamh Treacy said she would do what she could to give us an upgrade since it was our anniversary. I didn't hold out much hope but when we were checked in by Stephanie I think, nothing was said but when we got up to our room clearly we had been upgraded! The room was AMAZING! Gorgeous suite with a fantastic large bathroom, really couldn't fault it.
We really didn't take advantage of the many facilities because I got a bad flu on the 2nd day and spent the full day in bed (not a bad thing as the bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable and great selection of tv channels to keep myself occupied! Can't wait to go again to use the gym and pool, quite gutted I didn't get to! Checking out we had a very friendly lady that quickly got us on our way. A bit out of the city centre but the hotel organised a taxi for us and to be honest I know I wouldn't get as good a deal closer to the city with such amenities and lovely rooms. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have just returned after staying for three nights in the Clayton Hotel. Bedrooms are lovely and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are great, The dinner in the restaurant was lovely. the bus goes from outside hotel to Eyre Square very fast and we had a fabulous dinner in the Spanish Arch Bar. We hope to go back again during summer and take a trip to Aran Island.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely hotel, checked in by Stephanie who was very polite and helpful, bar food was nice but bar staff were nt up to speed, beds were very comfortable, pool is okay, nothing special but did us just fine as we only stayed in for an hour with our 3 children, underground car parking is good and lift brings you into hotel which is a plus with 3 children and loads of bags... It was a bit far from the city (4km) for us, but we knew it was outside the city just not that far. Breakfast was served in the restaurant and was excellant, lots of variety of food and very tasty and service was very good, we were seated straight away by staff and our tea and coffee order was taken straight away also. We had a few drinks in the foyer at night and the children played away which didnt seem to be a problem. Overall, a very relaxed one night stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 156 facing the industrial park, busy road was slightly noisy but not enough to keep you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Donegal
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with hen party staff very friendly beds were the comfiest I've slept in a long time bathroom was spotless never seen one so clean not noisy as I had thought on a main rd food was beautiful :) never reached the leisure centre but overall 10/10 would definitely come back got out second night for an amazing €80 b&b worth it rather than face the 4 hr journey the next day :) thank you

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay here, but my first time to use the pool. The room was fine, and I had dinner in the bar, which was also good.
When went to use the pool, I discovered that the lockers could not be secured - there was even a sign up pointing this out! Even if I had brought my own lock, they could not be closed. There was no hot water in the showers which you are asked to use before entering the pool. There is no machine in which to spin your wet gear dry. I don't think that I'll be using the pool on future visits.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed in the Clayton at short notice recently, got a really good price and just as well as It seriously under whelmed as a four star property. I think it is a beautiful and well appointed building even if my bedroom was a pony and trap ride from reception. The service at reception was good but breakfast was poor, self service, lots of dried cooked items, little in the way of customer service or welcome and I was the only person eating - I kicked myself or suing the additional tenner as I would have received a lot better fare n one of the local shopping centres. To e fair they had the best bed I had slept in in such a long time.

Room Tip: Try and get a bedroom in the main block.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo