Clayton Hotel Galway
$128
$123
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$73
$128
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$104
$100
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$63
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$78
Travelocity
$224
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$66
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$219
$175
$158
Travelocity
2,059 results
All reviewstribes restaurantdunnes storescity centrenice hotelbar foodbus serviceexecutive roomleisure facilitiestop classbusy roadhotel barbus stopkids clubfamily roomenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelhen party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I must say I was so impressed with the Clayton hotel! 10 out of 10 - fab! Excellent value for money. I stayed on the executive fourth floor and it was absolute luxury. I found that I did not want to leave the room as it was such a peaceful haven. Unfortunately, I did not get around to using the leisure facilities, so I cannot comment on them, but judging from the rest of the hotel, I’d have no doubt that that they are also very good. The staff were the nicest hotel staff I have met in a long time; it was a lovely touch to hear so many local accents and they all were very down-to-earth, yet always very professional. The food in the Tribes Restaurant was fabulous also, and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to a friend, or indeed returning for another pampering weekend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Dear MichelleD77,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review of your stay in the Clayton Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your comments and I'm really grateful for your recognition of the hard work all the team here put into delivering the excellect customer service you enjoyed. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back with us in Galway again.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. Our package inclued 2 B&B and 1 evening meal. We decided to have our evening meal on the first night. It was so dissapointing to say the least. The menu left a lot to be desired. Both myself and my partner decided to have the Galway Chowder as our starter. This had to be the worst chowder I ever tasted. It was like warm water with pieces of fish thrown in. For our main course my partner had the pork belly. All she could say and the end of her meal that it filled her up and that it had very little flavour. I had chicken supreme with risotto. It was so bland and the chicken was so chewy and the risotto on my opinion was not a risotto. Also the service was very slow.
Earlier on we decided to go to the so called leisure centre. This has to be the smallest swimming pool I have ever seen in a hotel. We were lucky there was only two of us in the pool at the time otherwise it would have been crowded. We were also dissapointed to find there was no jacuzzi and the steam room was just warm so I only stayed in it for 2 minutes.
The most dissapointing part of our break was the breakfast. First of all we were ushered to our seats which was so far away from the buffet section that you would have to call a taxi to get your breakfast. This was crazy as there were lots of seats available close to the buffet section. The breakfast itself left an awful lot to be desired. The scrambled eggs were runny and cold, the bacon was fatty and cold, the sausages were over cooked , the white pudding was horrible , the tea was horrible ( I changed fro coffee even though I love my cup of tea in the morning) and worst of all the toaster wasn;t working. When I asked a staff member about the toaster she informed me it was broken again.
On a positive note, the hotel was very clean and the bedroom was very comfortable.
I would not stay at this hotel again unless they totally re-thought about there food and menu choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Dear buff98,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I was disappointed to learn you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay. Feed back is important to me as I believe we can learn a lot from our guests comments and you have raised valid points I will be addressing with the F&B team here in the hotel. I would be grateful if you allow me the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and to that end please feel free to contact me directly at rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel with our two small children for a two night break.
The room was very spacious with two king size beds,an lots of channels on the tv.
On the second night i left my mobile phone in the bar i was phoned by the receptionist the next morning to let me know that they had kept it for me,and i hadn't realised i had left it behind me.
I really appreciate the honesty of the staff and their friendliness it makes your stay so much more comfortable and relaxed.
I shall highly recommend this hotel to all my work colleagues if they are thinking of going to Galway for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear bernconng,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel, it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and I really glad we were able to help return your mobile phone in a timely fashion. We pride ourselves on the friendliness and hospitality of our staff and I know they will be grateful for the recognition of their hard work. Thank you also for your recommendation, it really does mean a lot.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Friendly helpful staff, quiet location, suitable for families and older people, excellent breakfast, only few minutes drive to Galway city centre, free parking.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank butterfly201011

Dear butterfly201011,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your visit and I really do appreciate your recommendation. I do hope you will consider us as a place to stay the next time you are in Galway.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

F rom the moment you went through the door of the clayton you were greeted with smiles. Front desk staff were very friendly and warmly welcomed us.the bedrooms were bright,airy and spotless.Now the bed .............. so so comfortable , other hotels should take a look at these. The bathroom was spotless and the mirror over sink did not mist up after having shower, very important when you have to apply makeup. Towels snow white and fluffy. Now down to the bar where we did order food and drinks. Lots of choices and again staff very pleasant, music in the bar which was great. Toilets in the lobby were spotless, which i think can get overlooked in some hotels.Breakfast was tasty next morning with lots to choose from and what can i say only staff again greeted us with a smile, So i can say i will be back to the hotel and have already told family and friends about it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Carolinek46,

Thank you so much for such an overwhelmingly positive review of your recent stay in Galway. I'm always happy to get feed back and when it is as good as this it acts as a real motivator to all the team here at the hotel. I really do appreciate your recommendation and I do hope it won't be too long before you come back to us again.