“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have gone to Park House a few times in the past as a real treat because its not cheap. We went last night and we were quite disappointed with how it has slipped it's standars. We weren't told what the chicken dish of the day was. The waitress was quite brusque. We ordered our meal and we were both v happy with our starters of crab claws and pâté. That's where the standard slipped. I ordered herb crust cod and when it came out it looked like it was under the lamps while we were eating our starters. It was completely dried out and I was v disappointed with it. My partner ordered Dover sole on the bone but didn't want the beuere blanc sauce but it was quite dry. I feel that it is too exoensive a place for food to be that poorly presented to a customer especially as nowadays we don't go to somewhere that exoensive and when we do we expect to get the best for our money

2 Thank Emily F

Galway, Ireland
“400 euro meal that was worth every penny”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

One of my birthday celebrations was held at the Park House, a family favorite, with 5 of my closest family members and friends... the attention paid to detail was exquisite and the food was superb. Champagne, 5 bottles of superior wines and an enthusiastic staff made my special day so wonderful. Each starter and main course & dessert was different and we all asserted that our own was the best! (Not a complaint from anyone) We were so well looked after that we were reluctant to leave! Kudos to the staff at the Park House.

Carlow, Ireland
“High Standards as Always”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Park house has been for many years one of my favourite restaurants in Galway. What it does is simple, it retains high standards all the time. What more can you want? The food is always excellent and the staff attentive.
Overall: Highly Recommended

Visited April 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Overrated...”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I regularly come to Galway on business and eat at the Radisson where I normally stay. I just wanted to try another restaurant and found this "high-rated" restaurant close to my hotel.

The waitress serving me was very business-like, I even thought she was grumpy.

I ordered seafood chowder & sirloin steak. I asked to cook the steak *rare to medium*, but my steak was cooked *medium to well-done". A manager-like person asked me how my food was, so I just told him it's overcooked. He admitted and apologised, and offered another one, which I declined. The meat itself was dried and not so good in quality, I thought. Well, this restaurant is not a steakhouse, so this could happen...

However, the other thing was not impressive at all. My steak came with a baked potato and I thought it was the only option as I was not asked. However, I realised other guests were asked which potato they would like, obviously there were a few options. I don't usually eat baked potato, so did not finish. I am not sure if the waitress just forgot to ask or didn't want to get bothered...

I will come back to Galway in two months and more in the future, but never choose this restaurant. This restaurant is currently ranked 7th, but I do not think this restaurant deserves it. One bar & two restaurants in the Radisson are much better.

1 Thank UKtrotter2007
Ireland
“lovely food and great service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

we had dinner in Park House Bar and were very happy with the food and service. We had five main courses and 5 drinks (booze) and the bill came to around 90 euro for all five of us. Three of us had lovely fresh fish that was cooked just right. The foraml restuarant has definitely got a more up market audience but the food in the bar was very nice

• Visited September 2012