“400 euro meal that was worth every penny”

Park House Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

One of my birthday celebrations was held at the Park House, a family favorite, with 5 of my closest family members and friends... the attention paid to detail was exquisite and the food was superb. Champagne, 5 bottles of superior wines and an enthusiastic staff made my special day so wonderful. Each starter and main course & dessert was different and we all asserted that our own was the best! (Not a complaint from anyone) We were so well looked after that we were reluctant to leave! Kudos to the staff at the Park House.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Park house has been for many years one of my favourite restaurants in Galway. What it does is simple, it retains high standards all the time. What more can you want? The food is always excellent and the staff attentive.
Overall: Highly Recommended

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I regularly come to Galway on business and eat at the Radisson where I normally stay. I just wanted to try another restaurant and found this "high-rated" restaurant close to my hotel.

The waitress serving me was very business-like, I even thought she was grumpy.

I ordered seafood chowder & sirloin steak. I asked to cook the steak *rare to medium*, but my steak was cooked *medium to well-done". A manager-like person asked me how my food was, so I just told him it's overcooked. He admitted and apologised, and offered another one, which I declined. The meat itself was dried and not so good in quality, I thought. Well, this restaurant is not a steakhouse, so this could happen...

However, the other thing was not impressive at all. My steak came with a baked potato and I thought it was the only option as I was not asked. However, I realised other guests were asked which potato they would like, obviously there were a few options. I don't usually eat baked potato, so did not finish. I am not sure if the waitress just forgot to ask or didn't want to get bothered...

I will come back to Galway in two months and more in the future, but never choose this restaurant. This restaurant is currently ranked 7th, but I do not think this restaurant deserves it. One bar & two restaurants in the Radisson are much better.

2  Thank UKtrotter2007
Reviewed October 15, 2012

we had dinner in Park House Bar and were very happy with the food and service. We had five main courses and 5 drinks (booze) and the bill came to around 90 euro for all five of us. Three of us had lovely fresh fish that was cooked just right. The foraml restuarant has definitely got a more up market audience but the food in the bar was very nice

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Any time I have ate here weater its a full dinner or just a sandwich its always been a great experience with staff and amazing food.