“Excellent!”

Vina Mara Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #71 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, European, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We at Vina Mara are dedicated to providing a friendly dining experience in Galway. All our menus are created using fresh Irish produce and an excellent selection of wines. Our aim is to create great food at great value prices and a warm friendly service for all of our customers. We are open Monday to Saturday for lunch and dinner. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening all our main courses are just €10. Great quality, great service, great value.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent service, taste and good price. We had a very nice waitress, I cant remember her name, tough..

• Visited June 2014

Galway, Ireland
“Excellent - great food; unbelievable value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

EXCELLENT - this one word sums up lunch in Vina Mara. The quality of the food is outstanding, but with the main course at lunch time only €7.50, this is one of the greatest eating-out bargains in Ireland. A good choice is available on the lunch menu, including a vegetarian option. On one occasion recently, I had the lentil burger, which was served with a side salad and sweet potato chips - delicious. My friend had mackerel and told me that it was fantastic. We both had desserts at a very reasonable €5 each - a huge slab of scrumptious chocolate cake for my friend, while I had a generous slice of beautiful bakewell tart. There is a nice atmosphere in this stylish restaurant. The service ranges from coolly efficient to warm and friendly. In my experience, service is always variable in even the best restaurants. After all, it is the food that matters - and in that respect, Vina Mara wins hands down. Go on, treat yourself!

2 Thank michaelandmaire
Mayo
“Really nice evening with great food experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Will say it in few words - really simple and at the same time rich in flavours restaurant with selection of really good wines. Really hard working staff and delicious food. Simplicity makes this place special. Really reasonable prices with really kind staff serving tasty food makes this special. Highly recomended. Compliments to supervisor (nice blond girl)

2 Thank Luke D
Galway, Ireland
“Treat mid week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My friends and I have become regular customers for the special €10 euro main course deals Mon-Wed. Every visit becomes a special occasion and we never tire of the good food and excellent value on offer. The steak is always excellent quality, the best in town in my opinion and the fries and salad are the perfect accompaniment to it. All the desserts are super but the Macaroon tart is sublime. I don't even need to look at the menu, I just look forward to these dishes from one visit to the next. The restaurant is always packed so I'd advise you to book to avoid disappointment.
Heading back on Friday to introduce someone new to my favourite restaurant and to experience the meal deal on offer then.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were a party of four on a weekend break to the west of Ireland from London; first time to visit and the entire trip was a complete revelation, with amazing landscape and such friendly people. The highlight of the weekend however was out dinner at Vina Mara. It looked from outside like a trattoria and that was what we expected, but the menu was much more adventurous. We order for mains the shank of lamb and the braised pork neck; my friend's wife is a veggie and she was so impressed with the fact that the chef came out and spoke to her about what she would particularly like. The front of house staff were attentive but not looming, which is always a put off, and we had a wine list as good if not better than a quality London restaurant. The total bill was extremely good value. All told, the four hours or so we spent over a top-quality well-paced dinner was the highlight of our weekend away. Thank you Vina Mara, and we recommend it unreservedly.

1 Thank Will S