“Great value meal”

Ranked #72 of 503 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We at Vina Mara are dedicated to providing a friendly dining experience in Galway. All our menus are created using fresh Irish produce and an excellent selection of wines. Our aim is to create great food at great value prices and a warm friendly service for all of our customers. We are open Monday to Saturday for lunch and dinner. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening all our main courses are just €10. Great quality, great service, great value.
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My Husband & I ate here on a Friday night about a couple of weeks ago.
We opted for the 3 course meal with bottle of house wine it was excellent value at €60.
My Husband had fish cakes for starter followed by the duck confit with strips of pork belly.
I had the chick pea cakes, followed by the Hake . I have eaten in a lot of restaurants and the Hake was definitely the best ever.
All our food was delicious , very well presented.
The restaurant was buzzing with a great atmosphere, there were not many empty tables.
We had coffees to finish off .
We will certainly be back , really enjoyed our meal.

3  Thank Carmel_C_12_12

Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you want very tasty food and great service at unbelievable prices in Galway city don't pass the door of Vina Mara !! Thank you to all the staff for another fabulous meal tonight !

Beirigi Bua

Paddy

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant with great food and a beautiful atmosphere. Everything on the menu sounds and looks beautiful and anything we had was simply wonderful. Personally it's a place for a couple given the atmosphere. It's also a bit pricey so I don't think it would be suited to a family meal. Great staff.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Why is Friday to Sunday so revered. Somebody somewhere decided that these were the weekend nights and so should be very special nights. Vina Mara have bucked that trend. They've decided that Monday to Wednesday are the special nights of the week and boy are they very very special nights. This is the deal. Vina Mara offer every main course on these night for €10. I agree, there has to be a catch. I mean, €10, in a gorgeous restaurant in the centre of Galway...surely there's a catch. Well, there is. But the catch is more likely to be the fresh fish catch of the day. Dress up in your best clothes. Take a taxi. Order some wine. You are about to experience some of the best value in fantastic food so you might as well celebrate. I genuinely thought that there would be a €10 "special" list of main courses but a separate a la carte list that had lots of supplements. In Vina Mara, from Monday to Wednesday, every...and I mean every, main course is only €10. We had steak, prawns, slow cooked lamb, hake.....all for €10. Full portions, fantastic food and excellent service. I have a plan. I hope to eat out every weekend for the summer. Every weekend that includes a Tuesday and every weekend that includes the €10 Vina Mara menu. Go quickly. At these prices the things have got to change. Let me be the first to say it. These prices are too cheap but I for one plan to take advantage of the best of Irish food, the best of Irish service and stunning prices. Get there quick and enjoy!!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Couldn't praise this restaurant more. Excellent food, very good service and great price. Early bird 2 course for 20 euro.