“Hasn't let me down.”

Ranked #66 of 470 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We at Vina Mara are dedicated to providing a friendly dining experience in Galway. All our menus are created using fresh Irish produce and an excellent selection of wines. Our aim is to create great food at great value prices and a warm friendly service for all of our customers. We are open Monday to Saturday for lunch and dinner. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening all our main courses are just €10. Great quality, great service, great value.
Galway, Ireland
“Hasn't let me down.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A few of us dined here again last week and I have to say that as value for money goes in galway, this is definitely one of the best The group was a mix bag of vegetarian and carnivore, but we all found something to enjoy on the menu. I had the butternut terrine while a friend ordered the duck breast, both were delicious. All in all a great night out, good food, good wine.

• Visited May 2013

“worst meal ever”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had the absolute misfortune to eat at this restaurant on Friday 10th May, it was quite simply the worst meal I have ever had. Firstly can I say regardless of what menu you order from it should be common courteousy for a waiter/waitress to ask if we enjoyed the meal, not at this restaurant. Firstly I ordered fish cakes which were quite simply not fresh and they were disgusting, you could tell they were left exposed to air prior to cooking or heating up as the were all dry. the salad which accompanied them was vile, the onions had turned to yellow and were slimy and seemed to me to have been cut for a long time. next course was supposed to be rump of beef but was served in a bowl and appeared like slices of kebab meat, it was simply the cheapest most horrible piece of meat I ever have seen or tasted. I know good food and this restaurant is simply cutting corners at every chance. My only advice is dont go there if you want to enjoy a nice meal / evening. And to our waitress, a small blond girl, learn some manners and professionalism and brush up on your hospitality skills.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Gunga
Portaferry, United Kingdom
“Great for veggies and vegans”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having just recently become a vegetarian I was delighted with the choices in Vina Mara for both vegan and vegetarian dishes, all at a resonable price. We didn't book and managed to walk in on a friday evening and get a table without much of a wait.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Suzanne B
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Fantastic early evening dining on Monday. Delicious steak for €10. This place should be packed during the week. All mains €10 is an unbelievable offer during the week and should be snapped up by anyone in the area.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sleepyhead1982
galway
“very nice for lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been visited here on a few occassions for lunch,Its always very nice and enjoyabe,good service and a very relaxing place.Its also visable the the owner takes pride in the business.

• Visited January 2013