“Best vegetarian meal that I have ever had in 28 years of being vegetarian.”
Review of Ard Bia at Nimmo's

Ard Bia at Nimmo's
Ranked #11 of 500 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of Galway's most enduring restaurants, housed in one of the city's most iconic restaurant spaces, Ard Bia has always placed as much emphasis on community experiences and aesthetic stimulation as on serving great food in a fun environment. We believe in having roots in a place whilst having an identity that transcends location and takes inspiration from around the world.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fabulous vegetarian baklava and meat loving husband also thought that his steak was amazing. And as for the chocolate pot dessert, absolute beauty and perfection. All with great service, can't recommend it highly enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I booked a table for our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The staff was incredibly friendly and even offered suggestions as to what to order. We enjoyed two started, but one would ease all suffice, as the portions are quite large. Our main courses were to die for! I had an eggplant(aborigine) dish, that was beautifully balanced and had tons of complex flavor. My husband said his lamb was the best he has ever had.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

When we visit Galway we always go at weekends for breakfast in Nimmo's - the staff are friendly - the food is really good. A bit pricey but so worth it...the location and atmosphere are priceless!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Ard Bia - every dish was fresh and unique, the atmosphere eclectic and artsy. We loved the two women running the place but they seemed really over taxed with the crowd and could have used a few more hands. Otherwise and excellent experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was so tired and hungry when I walked into Ard Bia. It was already full in the early evening (Really be sure to make a reservation- I lucked out) but they were kind enough to sit me at the bar.
I told them I was a vegetarian which can sometimes pose a problem at restaurant but they made some suggestions that were perfect. Everything was so fresh and well prepared. I believe the products they cook with are locally grown. The food combinations are so imaginative. They brought me an excellent glass of wine as well. The servers there can tell you (at least they did me) about the evolution of food in Ireland as well as the economy of Southern Ireland. Really, just a great place. I'll go back again if I'm in Ireland soon.