“Saturday Brunch”

Ranked #22 of 503 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: One of Galway's most enduring restaurants, housed in one of the city's most iconic restaurant spaces, Ard Bia has always placed as much emphasis on community experiences and aesthetic stimulation as on serving great food in a fun environment. We believe in having roots in a place whilst having an identity that transcends location and takes inspiration from around the world.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

What is not to like about Nimmo's? It is always consistently excellent for both dinner and brunch. During my recent visit I had brunch and ordered the fry-up off the menu. it was absolutely perfect. Sausages, pudding, bacon, tomato, poached eggs and a big wedge of white toast. All with a pot of strong tea. Pretty sure it was all locally sourced too. Heavenly. My companion had poached eggs benedict on a potato cake with spinach and bacon. She loved it too. She had OJ, and I had the juice special, apple pear and lime. Top notch food, start to finish. I'll be back again and again and again....

2  Thank traveldoc888
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

When I lived near Galway, this place was a sidewalk cafe. My friends and I would take the hour long bus ride into town on the weekends, and this is the first place we would go.
Years later, with my husband, I tracked this place down (now in Spanish Arch) and after years of waiting, and talking endlessly about how much I loved it, it actually measured up. Big time. I love this place, it is what all Irish food should aspire to.

2  Thank SionnanH
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

What a delightful find! I had a polenta cake with wild mushroom and goats cheese special. The presentation was amazing. The hot citris and ginger juice was a great winter warmer and hit the spot. The buildings charming aesthetics and then to find I was perched next to the owners mother Katrinna and had a great chat was super. I even booked a dinner reservation to come back as the service and food was amazing. What a great job and obviously run by a passionate foodie with an eye for detail. Thank you

1  Thank schmango
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went here with a couple of friends just before Christmas, and it was really good. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was excellent and prompt and the atmosphere very welcoming and laid back. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different but top notch also.

1  Thank Manjoe75
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Staff were friendly and accomodating. Food was very tasty, portions were a little small but of a really high standard overall. reasonably priced.

1  Thank Aisling O