“Pork”

Ranked #10 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: One of Galway's most enduring restaurants, housed in one of the city's most iconic restaurant spaces, Ard Bia has always placed as much emphasis on community experiences and aesthetic stimulation as on serving great food in a fun environment. We believe in having roots in a place whilst having an identity that transcends location and takes inspiration from around the world.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Unbelievable slow cooked pork melted in my mouth, actually speech less! Great food!! It was hard to get table reservations the second time but that would not stop me going again. Great atmosphere quiet, rustic type, cracking brown bread and excellent service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I had a memorable sandwich here with 4 friends. The service was friendly and excellent and we were all happy with our meals. Although I was able to talk myself out of dessert, their offerings looked very very good. And free wifi!

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I had met friends in town on a beautiful Saturday afternoon for lunch. We wanted to sit outside so we went to Ard Bia as I had visited before and the food was really good. However this Saturday in question was very different. The waiter came out and handed us menus while we waited for a table. About 10 minutes passed and a table became available which we moved towards. The same waiter appeared and said he had other people waiting for the same table so we got up again and waited for a further 10 mins. We eventually sat down to a dirty table and when we went to place an order the waiter eventually told us that everything we had chosen was no longer available. Did he not think to mention this when he gave us menus??! The table beside us received 1/2 cooked bread to which the waiter said it was cooked and didn't seem to care. We just got up and left without ordering. I will visit again when this waiter is not working.

1  Thank travelling_nibbles
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We arrived towards the end of the lunch time rush so got a table almost straight away. Wonderful grilled halloumi salad and my husband had the pork burger which he said was delicious. Staff friendly though seemed rushed off their feet but everything came promptly. A great start to our Galway visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this restaurant as a treat for my girlfriend last Sunday evening and a treat it turned out to be. The atmosphere is relaxed and cosy, the choice of music, the efficiency of the staff and to top the list, the excellent food made it the perfect evening.

I can understand why some reviewers might feel it is cramped etc. but I prefer the term cosy, as it is a small intimate eatery with an atmosphere to match. I suppose this suits some people but not all. As for prices I was very happy to pay reasonable prices for exceptionally good food. McDonald's is bigger and cheaper if that is what you like!

We both work or have worked in the catering/hospitality business and could find no fault with Ard Bia. Far from it in fact as my girlfriend loved it and has put it in her top 5 restaurants and she knows her restaurants.
Well done to all there for doing a great job.