“Classiest Restaurant in Town”

White Gables Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 487 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving the Galway community for over twenty years, White Gables specialises in traditional cooking with a modern flair. Visitors to this atmospheric restaurant are guaranteed the greatest experience in every way: service, comfort, hospitality and plenty of good classically cooked sumptuous food. Mains include grilled rib-eye steak with pepper sauce, or, one of the most popular dishes on the menu, traditional lip-smacking crispy roast half duckling with orange sauce. Fish is also a speciality here with timeless classics featuring such as, Sole on the Bone, Scallops Mornay and many other favourites, depending on market availability. Wines are hand-picked by Ann herself with choices to suit every pocket, and a great selection of half bottles too. Prices are matched to suit all budgets. A set menu is available every evening, with plenty of choice and two courses cost just €30 per person, with four courses at €38 per person. A la Carte dining is also an option. Located in Moycullen, 8km from Galway, White Gables Restaurant , Enjoy…from White Gables food shop and Enjoy…More cafe were established by Anne and Kevin Dunne, in a cottage dating back to the 1920s. White Gables is recommended by Good Food Ireland, Bridgestone Guides, Georgina Campbell’s Ireland and Lucinda O’Sullivan’s Little Black Book.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not cheap but like with all things you get what you pay for. Excellent service and quality food in an unhurried and classy environment.

Ann-Dunne-WG, Owner at White Gables Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on this site.
I am delighted that you found us value for money – please come visit again soon
-Ann

There are newer reviews for White Gables Restaurant

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband celebrated our anniversary here on friday night. We both thorougly enjoyed our evening. I had the crab claws to start and hubbie had the pate. Both delicious. Then i had the beef wellington for my main and the duck for himself. They were both fantastic. I left my knife and fork down 3 times to finish but picked them up again just as fast. To end i had the warm choc pudding. Again i loved it. No dessert for himself of which he was continually reminded on what he was missing. We did not have wine but i had 2 vodkas and 7up chilled and refreshing. The dessert came out on the plate with happy anniversary on it which was a lovely touch. Ann makes u feel so welcome and the staff are top class. She asked us to stay for a complimentary drink but the match was starting and very important to himself!! Compromise is the name of the game after 10 years. Well done and looking forward to coming back. A big thank you for making our night special.

We were delighted that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us here at White Gables- it makes it very special for us.
Thank you for reviewing your experience on this site- I look forward to seeing you again soon.
-Ann

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were staying in Galway and took a cab to White Gables in Moycullen...a short drive. My wife and I were with one other couple for our last night there while traveling and needless to say, our experience there was fantastic. The atmosphere, service and food were excellent. All of us had a different menu item and we were all very, very pleased with our choices. Ann's service was top notch and her recommendation for a bottle of wine was spot on...some of the best we've had during dinner. The whole experience there was "special." Thank you White Gables and Ann for everything. You made the evening memorable. White Gables deserves a top rating and I don't hesitate to say it...we hope to be back!

1  Thank Paul O
Ann-Dunne-WG, Owner at White Gables Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted that you found your experience at White Gables ‘Special’ and truly look forward to welcoming you back again.
Many thanks – Ann.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stepped inside the door and were greeted warmly by Anne who is the perfect hostess. There were 10 in our party and we had some complimentary nibbles with our aperitifs as we studied the menu. Most of us were happy to order from the set menu. We were not disappointed. The selection was varied but the quality of each item was consistently good.
I had Brie for starter,followed by lemon sole and fruit roulade for dessert. Some of our party had the seafood cocktail which was plentiful and tasty.
Duck was a popular choice for main course and was excellent. The creme caramel was light, tasty and well received. The amount of vegetables was over generous. The waiting staff were courteous and efficient.Anne took our orders and was a study in the seamless manner in which she oversaw every guests arrival and unobtrusively monitored the dining room and kitchen. The dinning room is very well appointed. The decor throughout, including the bar/reception area and toilets is welcoming and refined but not over the top.The set menu at €38 approx was good value. I would heartily recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Brendan J

When I read reviews such as yours I know we are doing a good job here. Thank you so much for posting this here. All the team here at White Gables are delighted and look forward to welcoming you back soon – Ann.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We started with the goats cheese starter which was very light and tasty.
I had the monkfish for main, my husband had the beef fillet, both of which were fabulous, as were the selection of sides.
The service was great. We look forward to returning.

Thank you for this review- we look forward to welcoming you back again - Ann