“Fisherman Salthill”

Fisherman Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #86 of 557 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful cafe and restaurant by the sea, overlooking Galway Bay. We provide great food and service in a casual relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed May 4, 2015 via mobile

Excellent service.
Excellent food. Wide selection of seafood. Very fresh- not surprising as it is 25m from the Atlantic Ocean.
Lovely atmosphere.
Good value!!
Will happily return!

3  Thank lahinchman

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

That's all you need. Some of our favorite fish and chips ever, and the chowder was amazing!!! Cool place along the water.

Reviewed April 29, 2015

A wet and windy walk on the Prom brought us to the Fisherman Restaurant in Galway's Salthill overlooking the Bay just at lunchtime.

We were seated and handed menu's by a very pleasant and friendly waitress, and quickly made our choices - deep fried cod for my wife and fishcakes for myself. We ordered an americano and a double expresso while we waited. The coffee arrived quickly and was excellent.

After a reasonable delay, our mains arrived. My wife's cod was fresh and tasty, though unfortunately the batter was somewhat over cooked and also somewhat greasy. While she did not make any complaint, she could not help but notice that a customer st the next table ordered the same dish - his arrived as a light golden brown colour, and definitely not greasy looking.?

My own fishcakes were totally delicious, Crisp on the outside, soft and moist on the inside, and containing an excellent mix of seafood.
The price was a very reasonable €25, and the service was efficient and friendly to an above average degree. The atmosphere was a bit dull, but OK. Overall, it was a good experience, and despite my wife's less than perfect meal we will return.

Reviewed April 26, 2015

I was here before a i loved the place. but i returned again to a very poorly organised restaurant. the food was good but very expensive for what it is. the service was a joke. reserved a table and was sat at a table that was not ready even tho there were free tables around. handed our menus and waited a long time for our order to be taken but the wait for our starters was even longer. the table next to us got their mains before our starter. a delay again with the main course and no one even bothered to check how was everything.
They did compliment one of our starters but this was not my reason to complain and will not be an incentive for me to return.

Reviewed April 26, 2015

This is a relatively new restaurant and is a welcome addition to Salthill which has more than its fair share of takeaways but not enough decent places to eat. The interior is stylish. The show-stopper is the floor-to-ceiling glass wall of windows with its stunning view across Galway Bay to the Clare Hills. The evening sun was shining when we were there and individual green fields in Co. Clare could be distinguished. It's such a good view that it may be only fair to swap half-way through the meal to give your eating partner a chance to savour it. All the staff were friendly and welcoming. It is primarily a fish restaurant and my mother was delighted with her grilled hake. I'm a non-fish eating vegetarian so had to struggle a little to find a vegetarian option that was also non-wheat and non-dairy but the chef came up trumps with a lovely goat's cheese salad. The food was fresh and well-presented and good value at 25 euro in total for two mains. I predict it will be very popular with tourists when the summer season is up and running.