Atlantic View Guesthouse
$128
$123
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$73
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$104
$100
$128
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$78
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$63
$224
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$219
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$66
$175
$158
Orbitz.com
All reviewsirish breakfastgalway city centrevisit galwaysalthillpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My partner and I stayed here race week, we were charged as much as a five star hotel for one night. We had to ask for the sheets to be changed when we arrived, as they were filthy the bed was extremely uncomfortable with broken bed springs, the bathroom we refused to shower in as there was mildew on the tiles and terrible damp smell in the room, as there was no window in the bathroom.
BADLY NEEDS a facelift, suitable for a homeless shelter!!!

Spoke and complained to owner her comments were "its race week if you don't pay someone else will"

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank respak
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were travelling West of Ireland and so were only staying one night in Salthill. The room was tiny, about 12 inches between the bed and the wardrobe so you had to turn sideways to get passed to the other side of the bed, you could not sit at the desk unless you moved it which blocked the door. The room was dusty, as was the en suite, the toilet seat was broken, (proprieter when show, commented "only a little crack you can hardly see it"). No Towels. we booked a double room. the room had twin beds in it. To be truthfull if they hadn't had my credit card details, when I saw the sizeof the room I would have turned around and left, but the owner/manager was no where to be seen on arrival so I couldn't do anything about it. (2 people whith poor english welcomed us when we arrived) The hot water isn't turned on untill 7.30 am. So if you are staying don't get up too early.
The Full Irish Breakfast consisted of 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages an egg and one small hash brown, all dried out and obviously kept hot for ages, not a pudding or tomato to be seen. The owner/proprieter did offer me €20 refund, but I declined, I did not want him to misinterpret my reason for complaining.
There are lots of cheaper and well run B&Bs in Salthill, so I most definitely would not stay in this place again.
I had stayed in the Atlantic View before, but unknown to me it has closed and this one has taken over the name.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed only one night in this B&B but would have loved to stay another day. The people there were extremely friendly and even helped us further to plan our trip through Ireland. This was a welcoming help and thanks to them, we found some of the nicest unknown places of Ireland. As promised the beach is right across the street, we could see it from our room was very clean, not too small and had a nice, clean bathroom. Helpfull was also that we could park our car right in front of the B&B. I'd absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed here during race week last year for two nights.we expected to pay a bit more during Race week but we did not expect to get such poor value for money.We were charged 90 euro per person per night .......what a rip off!!!There was no hot water for showers on the first morning as they had turned it off because they persumed everyone was up before 9.30 am!The room was pokey and very little room to even walk around.The irish Breakfast was a JOKE! The plate was covered in Grease and food was unedible.On Questioning the manager on these problems for the price we had paid,She was dismissive,uncaring and ignorant.When it came to paying the bill for the stay she would only accept cash and did not take cards making it awkward as the nearest bank machine was good few minutes drive in car. Very Disappointing ,cant believe ths place has actually had any good reviews!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ross29Co_Kerry
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Very friendly owners, lovely breakfast an gorgeous rooms, been twice now an would definitely choose Atlantic View for my next stay. Very well priced too. Had a lovely stay all round :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple